Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sort a report file having header and footer Post 302576641 by CarloM on Friday 25th of November 2011 11:42:44 AM
Old 11-25-2011
None of your previous threads with extremely similar questions gave you any ideas?

What you have you tried so far?

Example input & output?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Chop Header and Footer record from input file

Hi, I need to chope the header and footer record from an input file and make a new output file, please let me know how i can do it in unix.thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total of lines w/out header and footer incude for a file

I am trying to get a total number of tapes w/out headers or footers in a ERV file and append it to the file. For some reason I cannot get it to work. Any ideas? #!/bin/sh dat=`date +"%b%d_%Y"` + date +%b%d_%Y dat=Nov16_2006 tapemgr="/export/home/legato/tapemgr/rpts"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large file and add header and footer to each file

I have one large file, after every 200 line i have to split the file and the add header and footer to each small file? It is possible to add different header and footer to each file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish4422
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore Header and Footer and Sort the data in fixed width file

Hi Experts, I want to Sort the data in fixed width file where i have Header and Footer also in file. I m using below commad to do the sort based on field satarting from 15 position to 17 position , but it is not ignoring the Header and Footer of the file while sorting. In the output i am... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikari
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header and footer with record count in footer

This is my file(Target.txt) name|age|locaction abc|23|del xyz|24|mum jkl|25|kol The file should be like this 1|03252012 1|name|age|location 2|abc|23|del 2|xyz|24|mum 2|jkl|25|kol 2|kkk|26|hyd 3|4 Column 1 is row indicator for row 1 and 2, column indicator is 1,for data rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsranjan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing header or footer from file

Hi Every one, what is the coomand to remove header or footer from a file. Please help me by providing command/syntax to remove header/footer from unix. Thanks in advance for all your support. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to append both at header and footer of a file

currently I've a file Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('024', '024', 2, sysdate); Insert into CD_CARD_TYPE (CODE, DESCRIPTION, LAST_UPDATE_BY, LAST_UPDATE_DATE) Values ('032', '032', 2, sysdate); ........ is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Row Line Count without Header Footer

Hi There! I am saving the file count of all files in a directory to an output file using: wc -l * > FileCount.txt I get: 114 G4SXORD 3 G4SXORH 0 G4SXORP 117 total But this count includes header and footer. I want to subtract 2 from the count and get ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan8877
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file

Is there any command to eliminate Header and footer from EBCDIC file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilashnair
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file

Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file tried below it splits unevenly and also i need help in adding header and footer command : csplit -s -k -f my_XML_split.xml extrfile.xml "/<Document>/" {1} sample xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Recipient>... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik
36 Replies
mcx diameter(1) 						  USER COMMANDS 						   mcx diameter(1)

NAME
      mcx diameter - compute the diameter of a graph

SYNOPSIS
      mcx diameter [options]

mcxdiameter  is  not  in actual fact a program. This manual page documents the behaviour and options of the mcx program when invoked in mode
      diameter. The options -h, --apropos, --version, -set, --nop, -progress <num> are accessible in all mcx modes. They are described in the  mcx
      manual page.

mcx  diameter  [-abc <fname> (specify label input)] [-imx <fname> (specify matrix input)] [-o <fname> (output file name)] [-tab <fname> (use
      tab file)] [-t <int> (use <int> threads)] [-J <intJ> (a total of <intJ> jobs are used)] [-j <intj> (this job has index  <intj>)]	[--summary
      (output diameter and average shortest path length)] [--list (list eccentricity for all nodes)] [-h (print synopsis, exit)] [--apropos (print
      synopsis, exit)] [--version (print version, exit)]

DESCRIPTION
      mcx diameter computes the diameter of a graph. The input graph should be symmetric. Results will be unpredictable for directed graphs.   For
      label input this is irrelevant as mcx diameter will create a symmetric graph from the input.

The  input  graph/matrix,  if specified with the -imx option, has to be in mcl matrix/graph format. You can use label input instead by using
      the -abc option.	Refer to mcxio(5) for a description of these two input formats.  By default mcx diameter  reads  from  STDIN  and  expects
      matrix format.  To specify label input from STDIN use -abc -.

OPTIONS
      -abc <fname> (label input)
	The file name for input that is in label format.

-imx <fname> (input matrix)
	The file name for input that is in mcl native matrix format.

-o <fname> (output file name)
	The name of the file to write output to.

-tab <fname> (use tab file)
	This  option causes the output to be printed with the labels found in the tab file.  With -abc this option will, additionally, construct a
	graph only on the labels found in the tab file.  If this option is used in conjunction with -imx the tab domain and the matrix domain  are
	required to be identical.

-t <int> (use <int> threads)
      -J <intJ> (a total of <intJ> jobs are used)
      -j <intj> (this job has index <intj>)
	Computing  the diameter of a graph is time-intensive.  If you have multiple CPUs available consider using as many threads. Additionally it
	is possible to spread the computation over multiple jobs/machines.  Conceptually, each job takes a number of threads from the total thread
	pool.  If job control is used (the -J option is used) then the number of jobs should not exceed the number of threads. The total number of
	threads divided by the total number of jobs defines the number of threads that will be used by the current job.  Additionally, the  number
	of threads specified signifies the total added amount of all threads across all machines and must be the same for all jobs. This number is
	used by each job to infer its own set of tasks.  The following set of options, if given to as many commands, defines three jobs, each run-
	ning four threads.

-t 12 -G 3 -g 0
	-t 12 -G 3 -g 1
	-t 12 -G 3 -g 2

--list (list eccentricity for all nodes)
      --summary (output diameter and average eccentricity)
	The  default  mode  is --list, which results in output of the eccentricity of all nodes. The eccentricity of a node is the distance to any
	node that is the furthest away from it. The diameter of a graph is the maximum of the eccentricity taken over all nodes in  a  graph.	In
	this mode mcx diameter will not output the diameter itself. Use --summary to output just the diameter and the average eccentricity.

SEE ALSO
      mcxio(5), and mclfamily(7) for an overview of all the documentation and the utilities in the mcl family.

mcx diameter 12-068						      8 Mar 2012						     mcx diameter(1)