Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VNC Server Unauthenticated Access - Nessus Post 302576213 by sagoiz on Thursday 24th of November 2011 03:24:10 AM
Old 11-24-2011
Hello, first the better option is to check wheter anybody uses VNC or not.
It might get installed by default and if nobody uses it, the better option is to uninstall such packages.

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

vnc server error

I 'm unable to start vnc server, i get following error in the log file Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed' xsetroot: unable to open display 'essapl020-u009:0' twm: unable to open display "essapl020-u009:0" xterm Xt error: Can't open display: essapl020-u009:0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access many X Linux sessions from VNC?

Sorry for my poor english, I'm new in linux world, and i'm in trouble to do remote connections, at the same time, from windows clients (via vnc) to a linux server (debian), I've tried vncserver and x11vnc. My difficult are connecting many windows xp (via vnc), because actually, when I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abutre69
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

vnc server or x11vnc @ startup

Dear all, I am using Fedora15 kde I have installed Real vnc (server & viewer) real vnc Viewer is working fine - i like this. real vnc server has License period expired problem (i dont know how to add) I have x11vnc server (Desktop sharing) installed - Its working fine too. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace VNC Access

hi guys in my company some users need graphical access mostly to configure-install-manage IBM software VNC is enabled but VNC is pretty insecure... you know root always has access.... I would like to know options to provide graphical access in a more secure and alternate way..... I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
6 Replies

5. Linux

Create VNC Session on remote machine on which ssh access is denied

Hi Folks, I want to create VNC session on the Remote RHEL machine on which ssh access is denied. Is there any way so that I can create VNC session without ssh access. Let me know all possible ways! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gydave
1 Replies

6. Fedora

VNC Client/Server has different display

Hi, I set-up my VNC Server on a Fedora 13 and I have a client on windows. I can access the Fedora PC but when I move the mouse and click on folders, I do not see the Fedora Desktop updating (I don't see the things that I am doing in my client on the Fedora PC) Then, when I do something on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and VNC server

Hi All I am trying to write a script that a user can use to start a a vncserver on a host and then connect to it, that bit is fine, i can do that using system commands but i have defined the hosts to use at the top of my scirpt my $allowedhosts = (site_sg() ? 'host2,host1' :... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

vnc to RedHat Server

I'm trying to use VNC from my desktop to connect to a RedHat (RHEL6) Server. I connect but the screen is black. It I go into the Data Centre the screen is unlocked and all is okay there. I can connect no problem to other Desktops & Servers. Is there a setting maybe or can anybody suggest another... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: itwex
6 Replies

9. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

vnc server fixed resolution

Hello everyone, This is my last resort. I have searched the internet everywhere using different search engines as well. I am using Redhat 7 where I activated a vncserver (since it comes pre-installed). using the following service: Description=Remote desktop service (VNC)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deyan Broekman
0 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)