Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract Specific pattern - log file Post 302572151 by CarloM on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 09:16:33 AM
Old 11-09-2011
Ah, I thought the tar lines had today's date in them.

Try this:
Code:
awk -vADATE=$(date +%Y/%m/%d) '/ARCHIVER/ {inside=0} $0 ~ ADATE {inside=1} /tar:.*: No such file or directory/ { if (inside==1) {print}}' infile

This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract specific lines from file

hi, how would i extract a range of lines in a file by using the line number? ex: file contains: 1 title 2 i want 3 this part 4 to be taken out 5 from this file 6 and sent to 7 another file 8 not needed 9 end of file In this case, i want to copy line number 2 to 7 on a new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apalex
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

extract field of characters after a specific pattern - using UNIX shell script

Hello, Below is my input file's content ( in HP-UX platform ): ABCD120672-B21 1 ABCD142257-002 1 ABCD142257-003 1 ABCD142257-006 1 From the above, I just want to get the field of 13 characters that comes after 'ABCD' i.e '120672-B21'... . Could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jansat
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific pattern from a file

Hi All, I am a newbie to Shell Scripting. I have a File The Server Name XXX002 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD Iface Id Link MTU Side ecc_3_1 4 Up 512 User ecc_3_2 5 Up 512 User The Server Name XXX003 ------------------------- 2.1 LAPD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: athreyavc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract specific pattern from logfile

Log File: Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION=(SOURCE_ROUTE=OFF)(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=hostname1.com)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=database1)(SRVR=DEDICATED))) Attempting to contact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract specific value in a file

Hi Friends, I have a file with the following values.. xyz.txt,12345.xml abc.txt,04567.xml cde.txt,12134.xml I would like to extract all the 2nd column values like 12345 04567 12134 Please advice!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific line if the search pattern is found

Hi, I need to extract <APPNUMBER> tag alone, if the <college> haas IIT Chennai value. college tag value will have spaces embedded. Those spaces should not be suppresses. My Source file <Record><sno>1</sno><empid>E0001</empid><name>Rejsh suderam</name><college>IIT ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekar1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract portion of log info based on specific word

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract a specific wording for example: "A tool used by tp produced warnings" from my below log data, but could not find a way to solve it. My intention is, if the log contain the word: "A tool used by tp produced... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract whole word preceding a specific character pattern with first occurence of the pattern

Hello. Here is a file contents : declare -Ax NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY=(="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" ="§" .................. ="§"Here is a pattern =I want to extract 'NEW_FORCE_IGNORE_ARRAY' which is the whole word before the first occurrence of pattern '=' Is there a better solution than mine :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
procsystime(1m) 						   USER COMMANDS						   procsystime(1m)

NAME
procsystime - analyse system call times. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
procsystime [-acehoT] [ -p PID | -n name | command ] DESCRIPTION
procsystime prints details on system call times for processes, both the elapsed times and on-cpu times can be printed. The elapsed times are interesting, to help identify syscalls that take some time to complete (during which the process may have slept). CPU time helps us identify syscalls that are consuming CPU cycles to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -c print syscall counts -e print elapsed times, ns -o print CPU times, ns -T print totals -p PID examine this PID -n name examine processes which have this name EXAMPLES
Print elapsed times for PID 1871, # procsystime -p 1871 Print elapsed times for processes called "tar", # procsystime -n tar Print CPU times for "tar" processes, # procsystime -on tar Print syscall counts for "tar" processes, # procsystime -cn tar Print elapsed and CPU times for "tar" processes, # procsystime -eon tar print all details for "bash" processes, # procsystime -aTn bash run and print details for "df -h", # procsystime df -h FIELDS
SYSCALL System call name TIME (ns) Total time, nanoseconds COUNT Number of occurrences DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
procsystime will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dtruss(1M), dtrace(1M), truss(1) version 1.00 Sep 22, 2005 procsystime(1m)