Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [Solved] auto sftp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] auto sftp Post 302572081 by CarloM on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 07:01:38 AM
Old 11-09-2011
sftp regular get and put can handle multiple files.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Auto login with SFTP

Hi All, How do you get around SFTP not having the 'cat' command to set up scripts to run cron jobs for passwords? I am use to the FTP allowing that, but we are converting to SFTP and need to be able to still run the same scripts in off hrs. Is there a way to still cat the password at the prompt... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsiefkas
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp auto login

Hi, I looked into lot of posts on this question but i could not figure out the solution. we are using the following ftp shell program to send the file to target server. #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -n -i<<EOF 2>&1 open <target server ip> user <username> <pwd> lcd /sc/doc/prd/FCSTP put file1.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srrao.ch
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] SFTP error - Couldn't close file: Failure

I am trying to send a file from my 9000 box to a vendor using sftp and I am getting this error: Couldn't close file: Failure Here are the results of my automated script: Connected to yyy.com. sftp> pwd Remote working directory: / sftp> cd xxxxx/yyyyy_TEST/TEST sftp> put FILE FILETEST... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Script to Access external Server via SFTP using Password and Key

Hello All, I am stuck! I have access to an external server via SFTP. In order to access the external server I was given a specific port, password, and a ppk. I would to create a script on my server end that can I can setup as a corn job, that will connect to the external server and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingr008
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] SFTP problem

Hi, I'm new to sh scripting and have the following problem. I have a script to sftp that is now working with ssh key. But i need to change this, i wan't to sftp with a password. I have the following script, tried a lot to make a variabel for the password. But i can't make it work ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvhindex
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Do not want to print sftp commands in log

Hi, While running my ksh file, I require the logs to be written to another file. For this I use the below code: write_log() { echo `date +"%d %h, %Y %H:%M:%S"` " : " $* >> ${LOG_FILE} } But inside my ksh file, am connecting to sftp server and executing some commands. So while i see... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] ls -l in CentOS 6.4 after upload using sftp

Hi everyone, Something rather interesting just happened to me. I uploaded a file to a server through sftp. I closed the connection and then logged on to the server via ssh. So far so good. When I typed ls -l in the remote server to retrieve a directory listing, the file that was previously... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Need to auto increment

Hello, this is a VI question more than anything... I'm using: SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-04 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5240 I'm trying to find a problematic line(s) in a script. The only solution I can think of is to tag each repetative line, and increment it. This is an oracle insert script. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphi
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Howto auto boot SPARC | How to auto supply "start /SYS" and "start /SP/console" commands

When I power ON my T4-1, I got a prompt -> where I have to start /SYS and start /SP/console. How can I auto supply these two commands ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
3 Replies
SFTP-SERVER(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    SFTP-SERVER(8)

NAME
sftp-server -- SFTP server subsystem SYNOPSIS
sftp-server [-ehR] [-f log_facility] [-l log_level] [-u umask] DESCRIPTION
sftp-server is a program that speaks the server side of SFTP protocol to stdout and expects client requests from stdin. sftp-server is not intended to be called directly, but from sshd(8) using the Subsystem option. Command-line flags to sftp-server should be specified in the Subsystem declaration. See sshd_config(5) for more information. Valid options are: -e Causes sftp-server to print logging information to stderr instead of syslog for debugging. -f log_facility Specifies the facility code that is used when logging messages from sftp-server. The possible values are: DAEMON, USER, AUTH, LOCAL0, LOCAL1, LOCAL2, LOCAL3, LOCAL4, LOCAL5, LOCAL6, LOCAL7. The default is AUTH. -h Displays sftp-server usage information. -l log_level Specifies which messages will be logged by sftp-server. The possible values are: QUIET, FATAL, ERROR, INFO, VERBOSE, DEBUG, DEBUG1, DEBUG2, and DEBUG3. INFO and VERBOSE log transactions that sftp-server performs on behalf of the client. DEBUG and DEBUG1 are equivalent. DEBUG2 and DEBUG3 each specify higher levels of debugging output. The default is ERROR. -R Places this instance of sftp-server into a read-only mode. Attempts to open files for writing, as well as other operations that change the state of the filesystem, will be denied. -u umask Sets an explicit umask(2) to be applied to newly-created files and directories, instead of the user's default mask. For logging to work, sftp-server must be able to access /dev/log. Use of sftp-server in a chroot configuration therefore requires that syslogd(8) establish a logging socket inside the chroot directory. SEE ALSO
sftp(1), ssh(1), sshd_config(5), sshd(8) T. Ylonen and S. Lehtinen, SSH File Transfer Protocol, draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-00.txt, January 2001, work in progress material. HISTORY
sftp-server first appeared in OpenBSD 2.8. AUTHORS
Markus Friedl <markus@openbsd.org> BSD
January 9, 2010 BSD