Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [Solved] error while mounting windows share on linux Post 302572046 by robo on Wednesday 9th of November 2011 05:00:24 AM
Old 11-09-2011
hi zaxxon i made a entry in /etc/hosts

i can ping the server and trace route to the windows fine

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help mounting Windows share in UNIX

We recently upgraded one of our engineering servers, and now the lone UNIX box that houses older CAD files can not connect to it. I have tried every variation of mount I can find, but to no avail. Help is appreciated. Here are the specs: Server: Windows 2003 x64 with Unix Services for Windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatterstorm
8 Replies

4. Solaris

mounting windows share folder

please help me,,i need step to mount windows share folder,,i try samba and nfs and it didnt work (in my linux server the command is fine),,can somenone give me an example for this to be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cellscript
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

unable to mount windows share on linux 5.1

Hi, I am using redhat linux 5.1 - 64bit, using command mount -t cifs //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex /192.192.192.192 -o username=test I am getting below error. mount: block device //192.192.192.192/SW/Ex is write-protected, mounting read-only mount: cannot mount block device... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box windows machin is in different workgroup so how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting a standard user, windows share at login

I know how to mount my share via /etc/fstab automatically when the system boots but since I do not have root permission to access the /etc/fstab nor do I think that the system admin wants me to add an entry in /etc/fstab all together. So what file could I add my mount entry in? mount -t cifs... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
8 Replies

8. Linux

Mounting windows drive into linux server

Dear Experts, My buissness requierment is to place some automated files in Windows server, Now Can you help me to map the Windows folder into Linux server. Windows Details:-windows 2003 Linux Details:- $ uname -a Linux testdb.mawarid.local 2.6.9-55.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Apr 20 16:36:54 EDT 2007... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Fareed
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mounting Windows Share to Linux Server

Hi Folks - I need to mount a Windows Share to a Linux server. What is the best/easiest way to do this? Is this 'how-to' guide accurate: How to Share Files Between Windows and Linux Or is there a better method you could share? Thanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
8 Replies
routes(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 routes(4)

NAME
routes - Specifies Internet routing information to the routing tables SYNOPSIS
/etc/routes DESCRIPTION
Static routes can be defined in the /etc/routes file. The /etc/routes file identifies static routes that are automatically added to the network routing tables with the /usr/sbin/route add command. The /sbin/init.d/route script contains the /usr/sbin/route add command that is executed for each entry in the /etc/routes file when the network is restarted on the system or the system is rebooted. The general format of an entry in the /etc/routes file is: Dest Name1 Name2 The following is a brief description of each element in an /etc/routes file entry: A keyword that indicates whether the route is to a net- work or to a host. The two possible keywords are -net and -host. The name or address of the destination network or host. Name1 can be either a symbolic name (as used in the /etc/hosts or /etc/networks file) or an Internet address specified in dotted-decimal format. The name or address of the gateway host to which messages should be forwarded. Name2 can be either a symbolic name (as used in the /etc/hosts file) or an Internet address specified in dotted-decimal format. The routes file is a Context-Dependent Symbolic Link (CDSL) and must be maintained as such. See the System Administration manual for more information. EXAMPLES
To specify a route to a network through a gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: -net net2 host4 This example specifies a route to a network, net2, through the gateway host4. To specify a route to a host through a gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: -host host2 host4 This example specifies a route to a host, host2, through the gateway host4. To specify a route to a default gateway host with an entry in the /etc/routes file, enter: default 130.9.0.5 This example specifies a route to a default gateway with an Internet address of 130.9.0.5. FILES
Contains the /usr/sbin/routed add command. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: route(8) Daemons: gated(8), routed(8) Files: gated.conf(4) Network Administration delim off routes(4)