Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pass null value to sql script from korn shell script Post 302571947 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of November 2011 04:20:37 PM
Old 11-08-2011
Yes.

Or just do it right there.

Code:
sqlplus -s /nolog @$sqlfile "${1-NULL}"

I'm not sure if this will result in a database NULL or the string "NULL". You might have better luck just leaving it as "$1" and seeing if the resulting "" is interpreted as a database NULL.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script

how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Accessing PL/SQL OUT variables in Korn Shell Script

Hello All, I was just wondering if there is any direct way to access PL/SQL OUT variables from Korn Shell Script. I could already figure out how to return a single value back from PL/SQL to Shell Script (using bind variable). But, what if we want to return multiple values? One option I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bright_future
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script?

hi, Could anyone tell me how to pass the output values of the PL/SQL procedure to Shell script and how to store that values in a shell script variable... Thanks in advance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
5 Replies

6. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell script - SQL statement challenges

Hi scripting experts. I have some coding challenges that I'm hoping you can help me out. I have one file#1 that contains the following sql statement that spans over multiple lines: sql Select /*+ use_has(a,b) */ * from customer a, customer_address b where a.id = b.id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchang
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass script with parameter in korn shell script

I have written a script which will take input parameter as another script. However, if the script passed as input parameter has parameters then this script doesn't work. I have a script b.ksh which has 1 and 2 as parameters I have a script c.ksh which has 3,4 and 5 as parameters vi a.ksh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vee
1 Replies
XrmPutResource(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						 XrmPutResource(3)

NAME
XrmPutResource, XrmQPutResource, XrmPutStringResource, XrmQPutStringResource, XrmPutLineResource - store database resources SYNTAX
void XrmPutResource(XrmDatabase *database, char *specifier, char *type, XrmValue *value); void XrmQPutResource(XrmDatabase *database, XrmBindingList bindings, XrmQuarkList quarks, XrmRepresentation type, XrmValue *value); void XrmPutStringResource(XrmDatabase *database, char *specifier, char *value); void XrmQPutStringResource(XrmDatabase *database, XrmBindingList bindings, XrmQuarkList quarks, char *value); void XrmPutLineResource(XrmDatabase *database, char *line); ARGUMENTS
bindings Specifies a list of bindings. database Specifies the resource database. line Specifies the resource name and value pair as a single string. quarks Specifies the complete or partial name or the class list of the resource. specifier Specifies a complete or partial specification of the resource. type Specifies the type of the resource. value Specifies the value of the resource, which is specified as a string. DESCRIPTION
If database contains NULL, XrmPutResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmPutResource is a convenience function that calls XrmStringToBindingQuarkList followed by: XrmQPutResource(database, bindings, quarks, XrmStringToQuark(type), value) If the specifier and type are not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmQPutResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. If a resource entry with the identical bindings and quarks already exists in the database, the previous type and value are replaced by the new specified type and value. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmPutStringResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmPutStringResource adds a resource with the specified value to the specified database. XrmPutStringResource is a convenience function that first calls XrmStringToBind- ingQuarkList on the specifier and then calls XrmQPutResource, using a ``String'' representation type. If the specifier is not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmQPutStringResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmQPutStringResource is a conve- nience routine that constructs an XrmValue for the value string (by calling strlen to compute the size) and then calls XrmQPutResource, using a ``String'' representation type. The value is stored in the database without modification. If database contains NULL, XrmPutLineResource creates a new database and returns a pointer to it. XrmPutLineResource adds a single resource entry to the specified database. The line should be in valid ResourceLine format (see section 15.1) terminated by a newline or null character; the database that results from using a string with incorrect syntax is implementation-dependent. The string is parsed in the locale of the database. If the ResourceName is not in the Host Portable Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent. Note that comment lines are not stored. SEE ALSO
XrmGetResource(3), XrmInitialize(3), XrmMergeDatabases(3), XrmUniqueQuark(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XrmPutResource(3)