Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting List and Compare Files accross different servers. Post 302571580 by rdcwayx on Monday 7th of November 2011 07:18:55 PM
Old 11-07-2011
Seems md5 has been excluded. I remove my comments.

Last edited by rdcwayx; 11-07-2011 at 08:25 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

want to mail a list of files in different servers

Hi All, I am running my script in crontab and it is generating a file everyday. And I have 10 different servers and i am running the same script in every server in crontab which generates a file in every server per day. I want to retrieve those files from each server everyday. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshishK
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare all the config files in a cluster of servers.

Hello Lads! Climbing the shell scripting learning curve, i am faced with yet another obstacle! Here's the challenge in front of me : 1) I have 15 servers in a cluster,all of them have the same config files by name : /home/apps/xrm/App_B.cfg 2) The developers change the entries in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdlover
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summation of Columns accross multiple files

I have around 1000 files in a directory (file1.txt, file2.txt, ... file1000.txt), each file is 2 columns, the first colums are same for all of them, second one is different. file1.txt 1 10 2 20 3 30 4 40 5 50 file2.txt 1 100 2 400 3 500 4 600 5 900 what I need is , I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptie
3 Replies

4. Solaris

directory compare in two different servers

How can we get the directory tree along with the size in two different servers and find the difference between the list..?? Eg, Server1 dirTree1 -size Server 2 dirTree2 -size how can we find the directory tree with its size, and find the difference, where the servers are different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare list [ names and size files ]

Hello, I've downloaded a huge amont of files I've got a list of files from a remote server. -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 453465260 Dec 16 15:54 SATRYS2V1_20021218_temp_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1 str661 strem 17669468 Dec 16 18:01 SATRYS2V1_20021225_hdyn_bias.nc -rw-r--r-- 1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two directories in different servers

I have a requirement. I need to write a shell script which will compare two directories residing in two different servers (SERVER A and SERVER B) and list out the discrepancies if found any. Script will be running from SERVER A. Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freakysk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare the files in 2 different servers for change or modification

I have the following requirement; I need to compare set of files in 2 different servers A and B. Both have same sets of files and directory structure First I need to move the files from Server A to server B Compare the corresponding file in B server and see if it has modified (not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in 2 servers

I need to compare same set of files in 2 different servers and generate a list (in STDOUT) which contain all the files that have changed. I don't have permission to create any temp files or folders in either servers. - One option is to use ' if '. But for this I need to move file1 to one server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vskr72
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and print list

Hi Gents, I have 2 files as seen below. File 1: 9 1020 10 1001 11 1001 12 1002 13 1003 14 1004 15 1004 File 2: 9 1000 11 1001 12 1002 13 1003 15 1004 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare the two files and list out differences between the two

Hi, I need to compare the two files and list out difference between the two. Please assist. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies
MD5(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    MD5(1)

NAME
md5 -- calculate a message-digest fingerprint (checksum) for a file SYNOPSIS
md5 [-pqrtx] [-s string] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The md5 utility takes as input a message of arbitrary length and produces as output a ``fingerprint'' or ``message digest'' of the input. It is conjectured that it is computationally infeasible to produce two messages having the same message digest, or to produce any message having a given prespecified target message digest. The MD5 algorithm is intended for digital signature applications, where a large file must be ``compressed'' in a secure manner before being encrypted with a private (secret) key under a public-key cryptosystem such as RSA. MD5's designer Ron Rivest has stated "md5 and sha1 are both clearly broken (in terms of collision-resistance)". So MD5 should be avoided when creating new protocols, or implementing protocols with better options. SHA256 and SHA512 are better options as they have been more resilient to attacks (as of 2009). The following options may be used in any combination and must precede any files named on the command line. The hexadecimal checksum of each file listed on the command line is printed after the options are processed. -s string Print a checksum of the given string. -p Echo stdin to stdout and append the checksum to stdout. -q Quiet mode - only the checksum is printed out. Overrides the -r option. -r Reverses the format of the output. This helps with visual diffs. Does nothing when combined with the -ptx options. -t Run a built-in time trial. -x Run a built-in test script. EXIT STATUS
The md5 utility exits 0 on success, and 1 if at least one of the input files could not be read. SEE ALSO
cksum(1), md5(3), ripemd(3), sha(3), CC_SHA256_Init(3) Vlastimil Klima, Finding MD5 Collisions - a Toy For a Notebook, Cryptology ePrint Archive: Report 2005/075. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
This program is placed in the public domain for free general use by RSA Data Security. BSD
June 6, 2004 BSD