Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl- oracle sql query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl- oracle sql query Post 302571181 by tdev457 on Sunday 6th of November 2011 02:50:04 PM
Old 11-06-2011
perl- oracle sql query

Hi,
I am new to perl.How to query oracle database with perl???
Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect SQL query in perl

I the the following perl script, however it does not return anything. Did i form my syantax wrongly? $sth=$dbh->prepare("select a.rowid,a.* from Table1 a where a.field1 = \'$Indicator1\' and a.schedule = \'$Indicator2\' and a.lastdate <= sysdate"); $sth->execute() ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script variable passed to Oracle query

Hi All, I pass a Perl script variable, whch is passed to a query to be prepared. But the problem is I have special character like '&' in this variable which are handled in a special way by the Oracle query parser. How do I get over this? my $cust_name='A&B'; my $sql="Select cust_short_name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in printing a sql query in perl

Hi All, I have the following sql query select abcd from udbadm.log where xyz='1'. I have 16k queries similar to this with different values for xyz. I want to print the values of 'abcd' for each row. I have the following perl code, but not sure how i can print that particular... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle SQL Query & connect?

Hi I'm looking to query a table on a database and then iterate over the results in a loop. I believe this is the last part of my script that I need (after finding out threads for passing variables to other scripts and calling functions in other scripts). I've searched the forums but the best... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dird
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql query via perl script

Hello, If I run this command on the server it works. # dbc "update config set radio_enabled = 0;" how can I execute the same command in perl. I have defined the dbc path. Can any one please correct the last line. #!/usr/bin/perl #database path $dbc='/opt/bin/psql -Userver... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read value from user and use it in Oracle SQL query

Guys can anyone just tell me whether i can pass a value(from UNIX SCRIPT) as an ARGUMENT in Oracle Query? e.g. echo "enter value" read value insert into tablename where col=$value /*something like this*/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subodh.thakar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a SQL select query in Oracle database through shell script?

I need to run a SQL select query in Oracle database and have to capture the list of retrieved records in shell script. Also i would like to modify the query for certain condition and need to fetch it again. How can i do this? Is there a way to have a persistent connection to oracle database... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing unnecessary eol ($) character from Oracle sql query output

Hi All, I am fetching oracle query result in shell variable. As columns numbers are more the output wraps in unix terminal .i.e one complete record in db gets store in multiple lines. with each line ends with $ character. I want to remove these unnecessary $ character but to keep required $... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harshal22
8 Replies

10. Programming

Oracle simple SQL query result in: ORA-08103: object no longer exists

Dear community, please help with a query on Oracle. I'm using SQLPlus (but with SQLDeveloper is the same) to accamplish a sinple query like: select count(*) from ARCHIT_D_TB where (TYP_ID=22 OR TYP_ID=23) and SUB_TM like '%SEP%' and CONS=1234This is a very simple query that works perfect until... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)