Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks Post 302570990 by ahamed101 on Saturday 5th of November 2011 07:50:13 AM
Old 11-05-2011
Try this...
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

@values = ("2011_11_05", "2011_11_04" , "2011_11_03");
my $filename = 'abc_yyyy_mm_dd';
my $datevar ='yyyy_mm_dd';
if ($filename =~ $datevar)
{
        $val=substr($filename,0,index($filename,$datevar));
        foreach (@values){
                push(@file_date,$val.$_);       
        } 
}

foreach $v (@file_date){
        print $v,"\n";
}

--ahamed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl -write values in a file to @array in perl

Hi can anyone suggest me how to write a file containing values,... say 19 20 21 22 .. 40 to an array @array = (19, 20, ... 40) -- Thanks (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
27 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Read directories and assign to array

I would like to read directories and assign to an array where the user can select a directory from the output. For example, a dir list will populate with a number assigned to each dir. I would like to ask the user to select the dir they want. TIA, I don't know what this would be called so I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: man
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search of string from an array in Perl

Hi All I want to search a string from an array in Perl. If a match occurs, assign that string to a variable else assign 'No match'. I tried writing the script as follows but it's in vain. Please help me.. #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; my $NER; my @text=("ORG","PER"); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Use of array elements in pattern matching

I need to use array elements while pattern matching. @myarr = (ELEM1, ELEM2, ELEM3); following is the statement which I am using in my code. Basically I want to replace the ELEM1/2/3 with other thing which is mentioned as REPL here. if (condition) { s/(ELEM1|ELEM2|ELEM3): REPL: /; } I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array / pattern match large CPU usage

Hi, I have one file in this format 20 value1 33 value2 56 value3 I have another file in this format: 34,30-SEP-09,57,100237775,33614510126,2,34 34,30-SEP-09,57,100237775,33620766654,2,34 34,30-SEP-09,108,100237775,33628458122,2,34 34,30-SEP-09,130,100237775,33635266741,2,254... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl and string array problem

#!/usr/bin/perl my @arr=("hello", "how", "are", "you"); $l=length(@arr); print $l; This print 1.Why? How can i print the array size = 4? I want to store these in an array. hello how are you And then i want to access these element through indexing. How can i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Sorting an String-Array

Hi, i have a txtfile with the format <Nr>tab<word>tab<other stuff>new line and i want to sort the <word>-colum with a perl script. My textfile: <Nr>tab<word>tab<other stuff>new line 6807 die ART.Acc.Sg.Fem 6426 der ART.Gen.Sg.Fem 2 die ART.Nom.Sg.Fem 87 auf APPR.-- 486 nicht PTKNEG.--... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buckelede
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Read array from a flat file

Hello Guru's I want to read an array into a flatfile Please let me know how to do the same So far this the below code use strict; use warnings; open (my $data , '<', $ARGV)|| die "could not open $ARGV:\n$!"; my @array=(<$data>); my @sorted=sort... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl string formation from array

HI I ma using perl programming my perl is like this $InputFile = $ENV{UDE_TMP} . "/" ."cre_fmr_gen.temp_data_file_gen.dat"; @duplicates = `cat $InputFile | cut -d "|" -f 1,1 | sort | uniq -c | awk '{ if(\$1>1) {print \$2;}}'`; my $cusiplist ; foreach $cusip (@duplicates) {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies
array(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  array(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
array - Manipulate array variables SYNOPSIS
array option arrayName ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command performs one of several operations on the variable given by arrayName. Unless otherwise specified for individual commands below, arrayName must be the name of an existing array variable. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: array anymore arrayName searchId Returns 1 if there are any more elements left to be processed in an array search, 0 if all elements have already been returned. SearchId indicates which search on arrayName to check, and must have been the return value from a previous invocation of array startsearch. This option is particularly useful if an array has an element with an empty name, since the return value from array nextelement won't indicate whether the search has been completed. array donesearch arrayName searchId This command terminates an array search and destroys all the state associated with that search. SearchId indicates which search on arrayName to destroy, and must have been the return value from a previous invocation of array startsearch. Returns an empty string. array exists arrayName Returns 1 if arrayName is an array variable, 0 if there is no variable by that name or if it is a scalar variable. array get arrayName ?pattern? Returns a list containing pairs of elements. The first element in each pair is the name of an element in arrayName and the second element of each pair is the value of the array element. The order of the pairs is undefined. If pattern is not specified, then all of the elements of the array are included in the result. If pattern is specified, then only those elements whose names match pat- tern (using the matching rules of string match) are included. If arrayName isn't the name of an array variable, or if the array contains no elements, then an empty list is returned. array names arrayName ?pattern? Returns a list containing the names of all of the elements in the array that match pattern (using the matching rules of string match). If pattern is omitted then the command returns all of the element names in the array. If there are no (matching) elements in the array, or if arrayName isn't the name of an array variable, then an empty string is returned. array nextelement arrayName searchId Returns the name of the next element in arrayName, or an empty string if all elements of arrayName have already been returned in this search. The searchId argument identifies the search, and must have been the return value of an array startsearch command. Warning: if elements are added to or deleted from the array, then all searches are automatically terminated just as if array done- search had been invoked; this will cause array nextelement operations to fail for those searches. array set arrayName list Sets the values of one or more elements in arrayName. list must have a form like that returned by array get, consisting of an even number of elements. Each odd-numbered element in list is treated as an element name within arrayName, and the following element in list is used as a new value for that array element. If the variable arrayName does not already exist and list is empty, arrayName is created with an empty array value. array size arrayName Returns a decimal string giving the number of elements in the array. If arrayName isn't the name of an array then 0 is returned. array startsearch arrayName This command initializes an element-by-element search through the array given by arrayName, such that invocations of the array nex- telement command will return the names of the individual elements in the array. When the search has been completed, the array done- search command should be invoked. The return value is a search identifier that must be used in array nextelement and array done- search commands; it allows multiple searches to be underway simultaneously for the same array. | array unset arrayName ?pattern? | Unsets all of the elements in the array that match pattern (using the matching rules of string match). If arrayName isn't the name | of an array variable or there are no matching elements in the array, then an empty string is returned. If pattern is omitted and is | it an array variable, then the command unsets the entire array. KEYWORDS
array, element names, search Tcl 8.3 array(n)