Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Understanding Benchmarks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Understanding Benchmarks Post 302569842 by Corona688 on Tuesday 1st of November 2011 05:56:25 PM
Old 11-01-2011
They use the -N option, to archive files newer than the benchmark file. So next backup they take, avoids previously backed up files.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linux Processing Benchmarks ?

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where to I could find published benchmarks for how a Linux box performs. It would be nice if I could find a comparison to the Windows OS. Thanks, Lance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lcstephens
2 Replies

2. Linux Benchmarks

Instructions for Linux Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: unzip or untar and cd into the bm directory STEP 3: make (Note: there is a pre-compiled Linux binary in the distro, so Linux users don't have to make a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. UNIX Benchmarks

Instructions for UNIX Benchmarks

STEP 1: Get the source here: https://www.unix.com/source/bm.zip or https://www.unix.com/source/unix_linux_bench.tar.gz STEP 2: Unzip or Untar STEP 3: make STEP 4: Run STEP: 5: Please login to www.unix.com and post test results along with platform info to: Include (if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

unix s/w download using benchmarks

I downloaded the unix s/w given in the bench marks to my home laptop. The C: drive isn't partitioned.The instructions are given to unzip, make and run. please list the proper ways to do the commands how to unzipa nd make them. should i partition my hard drive? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravus
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Intel CPU benchmarks

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows here I can get a graph of Intel Vs AMD CPU's graph. I have found one and it's great though only for the desktop CPU. I'm also looking for one that includes the Pentium M CPU's and the next CPU's after that. This is because I'm looking at getting a laptop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: woofie
1 Replies

6. Linux Benchmarks

Results for Linux Benchmarks

Hi, I was trying to build Linux Benchmarks with latest Intel C++ Compiler. When I used -ipo (inter-procedural optimization) option, arithmetic test (arith.c) failed on execution. The problem is Intel compiler's advanced optimization option (-ipo) optimizes much more than expected and this... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpjain
50 Replies

7. UNIX Benchmarks

FreeBSD `buildkernel' and `buildworld' Benchmarks

Just for fun, I thought I'd post my output from `time make -j4 buildworld' and `time make -j4 buildkernel' and see if anyone else had any good times. The machine is an Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHz with 2048MB DDR3. -------------------------------------------------------------- >>> Kernel build... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glen.barber
1 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

VMmark virtualization benchmarks

Hi, We have to make a decision to buy 10 new servers for MS Exchange/Domain Controller running virtual tiles and for hardware we have choice of HP Proliant DL380 G6, Dell PowerEdge R710 & IBM X3650 M2, somebody sent me comparison of VMmark virtualization performance benchmark which states that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies
BACKUP.D(5)							backupninja package						       BACKUP.D(5)

NAME
BACKUP.D - Action configuration files for backupninja(1). SYNOPSIS
/etc/backup.d/* DESCRIPTION
To preform the actual backup actions, backupninja processes each action configuration file in /etc/backup.d according to the file's suffix. .sh run this file as a shell script. .rdiff backup action for rdiff-backup. .dup backup action for duplicity. .maildir backup action for slow, incremental rsyncs of tens of thousands of maildirs. .mysql backup action for safe MySQL dumps. .pgsql backup action for safe PostgreSQL dumps. .sys backup action for general system reports and hardware information. .svn backup action for safe backups of subversion repositories. .trac backup action for safe backups of trac repositories. .makecd backup action for burning backups to CD/DVD or creating ISOs. These files must be owned by root and must not be world or group readable/writable. Support for additional configuration types can be added by dropping bash scripts with the name of the suffix into /usr/share/backupninja. The configuration files are processed in alphabetical order. However, it is suggested that you name the config files in "sysvinit style." For example: 10-local.pgsql.disabled 15-runthisfirst.sh 20-runthisnext.mysql 90-runthislast.rdiff Typically, you will put a '.rdiff' config file last, so that any database dumps you make are included in the filesystem backup. Action con- figurations which end with .disabled are skipped. Example templates for the action configuration files can be found in /usr/share/doc/backupninja/examples. You can also use ninjahelper(1), a console based "wizard" for creating backup actions. SCHEDULING
By default, each configuration file is processed everyday at 01:00 (1 AM). This can be changed by specifying the 'when' option in a backup action's config file or in the global configuration file. Special value 'manual' will disable scheduling for the backup action. It is pos- sible to run the backup action manually by invoking ninjahelper(1) with --run command line argument. For example: when = sundays at 02:00 when = 30th at 22 when = 30 at 22:00 when = everyday at 01 when = Tuesday at 05:00 when = hourly when = manual These values for "when" are invalid: when = tuesday at 2am when = tuesday at 2 when = tues at 02 A configuration file will be processed at the time(s) specified by the "when" option. If multiple "when" options are present, then they all apply. If two configurations files are scheduled to run in the same hour, then we fall back on the alphabetical ordering specified above. The "when" must occur before any sections in the action configuration file. FILE FORMAT
The file format of the action configuration files is "ini style." Sections are created by using square bracket. Long lines are connected with a backslash. For example: # this is a comment [fishes] fish = red fish = blue [fruit] apple = yes pear = no thanks i will not have a pear. SEE ALSO
backupninja(1), ninjahelper(1), backupninja.conf(5), AUTHOR
BACKUPNINJA was written by the riseup.net collective. riseup October 10, 2005 BACKUP.D(5)