Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: [ASM] Adding SIGNED numbers?
Top Forums Programming [ASM] Adding SIGNED numbers? Post 302569304 by munkeHoller on Sunday 30th of October 2011 08:51:01 PM
Old 10-30-2011
Code:
# how about using abs 
abs(number) + abs(number)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding 2 numbers

I would like to write a script with BASH to add two numbers (integer) and write the result to the standard output. Please help! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viper01
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding a column of numbers

Hello, I have a file, and one column has both positive and negative numbers. Does anyone know how I can calculate the total of all the values (i.e, +ve and -ve). eg: col1 col2 col3 data 23 data data 76 data data -30 data Thanks Khoom (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding numbers in unix

Hi this is quite a simple question... I am new to LINUX/UNIX and so I am just trying to create a very basic program. The idea is that when the user runs the program (from the shell) they enter 3 values and the program will add them up: "./sum 23 5 1 29" my code for this program is as follows: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csuieb
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add signed and unsigned numbers- awk help

Hi All, I have written the below to add the numbers in a column. Postive numbers are unsigned and negative numbers are signed in the file. After the below cmd I am getting -0.00 , instead of 0.00. Can someone guide me on what I am missing in the cmd. grep '^L' $FileName| awk -F"|" ' {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsjdrr
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Signed Linux" - Only executing signed programs

Hey folks, not sure whether this or the security board is the right forum. If I failed, please move :) So here's the problem: I need to build a Linux environment in which only "signed" processes are allowed to run. When I say signed I don't mean a VeriSign signature like you know it from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: disaster
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding numbers

Hi I figured how to add my list of numbers. However how do I count so that after a certain number it lists the line. Example: 12 test1 46 test2 195 test3 174 test4 634 test5 185 test6 94 test7 So basically add the numbers and when the addition reaches 300 or less print the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding numbers in a string

I am writing a bash script on ubuntu11.10 I have some string having numbers and letter and want to add all the numbers together For example 1s2d23f I want to perform 1 + 2 + 23 and store it in a variable (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with adding up numbers

I have a file which has following contents which I want to add up. 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 28170.24 139038.72 139038.72 139038.72 139038.72 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Column Of Numbers

Hello. Trying to add a column of numbers and combine the 1st and 2nd fields as uniq with the new total. This works to add the numbers but can't figure an easy was to combine the 1st and 2nd column as the list is very long. awk '{s+=$3} END {print s}' bird dog 300 bird dog 100 cat clown 200... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding (as in arithmetic) to numbers in columns in file, and writing new file with new numbers

Hi again. Sorry for all the questions — I've tried to do all this myself but I'm just not good enough yet, and the help I've received so far from bartus11 has been absolutely invaluable. Hopefully this will be the last bit of file manipulation I need to do. I have a file which is formatted as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
4 Replies
abs(3C) 						   Standard C Library Functions 						   abs(3C)

NAME
abs, labs, llabs - return absolute value of integer SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int abs(int val); long labs(long lval); long long llabs(long long llval); DESCRIPTION
The abs() function returns the absolute value of its int operand. The labs() function returns the absolute value of its long operand. The llabs() function returns the absolute value of its long long operand. USAGE
In 2's-complement representation, the absolute value of the largest magnitude negative integral value is undefined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 24 Jul 2002 abs(3C)