Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH attacks
Special Forums Cybersecurity SSH attacks Post 302569299 by jgt on Sunday 30th of October 2011 06:33:42 PM
Old 10-30-2011
Thanks for the links. It's for SCO not Linux, but there was lots of good reading material.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix attacks in the last 5 years.

Hi, Could anyone direct me to any sites that have any info on unix attcks or hacks in the last 5 years. This is needed for an assignment. All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suzant
6 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Denial of Services Attacks and Vulnerabilities

I've recently registered for the site and have found it very useful thus far. However, I am a student currently researching network attacks, specifically, denial of services and the damage posed to operating systems. If you have any information about this topic, please send to me. Thanks,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darandkat
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Stanford security experts unveil defenses against ‘phishing’ attacks

It's an online con that is growing fast and stealing tens of millions of dollars. An e-mail seemingly from a financial institution instructs you to log on to a legitimate-looking Web site. Such “phishing” attacks exploit a universal weakness in online security: passwords. To read the rest of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZOverLord
0 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies
MKFS.BFS(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual					       MKFS.BFS(8)

NAME
mkfs.bfs - make an SCO bfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
mkfs.bfs [-N nr-of-inodes] [-V volume-name] [-F fsname] device [size-in-blocks] DESCRIPTION
mkfs.bfs creates an SCO bfs file-system on a block device (usually a disk partition or a file accessed via the loop device). The size-in-blocks parameter is the desired size of the file system, in blocks. If nothing is specified, the entire partition will be used. OPTIONS
-N Specify the desired number of inodes (at most 512). If nothing is specified some default number in the range 48-512 is picked depending on the size of the partition. -V volume-label Specify the volume label. I have no idea if/where this is used. -F fsname Specify the fsname. I have no idea if/where this is used. -v Be verbose. EXIT CODES
The exit code returned by mkfs.bfs is 0 when all went well, and 1 when something went wrong. SEE ALSO
mkfs(8). AVAILABILITY
The mkfs.bfs command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Util-linux 2.9x 12 Sept 1999 MKFS.BFS(8)