Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Can't have the GRUB menu for solaris x86 installation Post 302569030 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 29th of October 2011 04:23:42 AM
Old 10-29-2011
how are you connected to the console output? have you changed the boot order to dvd?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 installation on X86

During installation on the desktop the error message crops up. "Failed to initialize hotplug controllers". Any help. Thanks. Chad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Chad
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 x86 Installation Will Not Boot From CD Disks

Problem: Am trying to install Solaris 10 x86 on a desktop PC (PC details unspecified) from downloaded iso images (5 in all) on 5 CD disks. These were downloaded from the Sun website and unzipped. I install Disk 1of 5 into the CD drive and then restart the machine, thinkng that it will launch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 on X86 Platform on the same Disk having XP SP2

Plz help me in installing solaris 10 11/06 on XP sp2 system having only one hard disk (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skargarika
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris X86 grub boot menu

I have a x4200 m2 that I've installed Solaris 10 on. I've created a raid 1 mirror using disk0 and disk1. I'm trying to add the mirror bootblk to the grub menu so in case of a failure of disk0, I can simply boot from the mirrored disk1. I'm looking for the syntax to add the alternate boot path to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 11 x86 installation troubles - 8G disk limit

Hi, I am trying to install Solaris 11 on an X86 machine. I am using the text install iso image burned to an optical disk. The system contains a single 500G SATA drive. When the system attempts to detect local disks, it reports that the disk only has a capacity of 8GB. How do I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpoc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to recover x86 Solaris 10 u10 boot record/grub menu overwritten by Debian 9?

I installed x86 Solaris 10 update 10 after Windows XP, later I removed xp and installed Debian 9 stretch on the same partition but, Debian couldn't find any other os so it deleted Solaris 10 grub or did something like that I couldn't got. I thought I would be able to recover the lost record by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)