Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Sound under OS 10.4.11 and 10.7.2 Post 302568131 by xbin on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 10:28:20 AM
Old 10-26-2011
"Error: AudioFileOpen failed (-43)" I'm not sure what's going on. From the macerrors header file- fnfErr= -43, /*File not found*/.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

freeBSD 4.4 sound help please

how do i configure sound on a laptop in FreeBSD 4.4 the laptop is a Green753+ i think the sound is a ess ? can any one help please tryed to make a genric kerl but did not work (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sound Problems

Hi All I am having difficulty configuring sound on my system an wonder if anyone can help me. xmms refuses to play telling me that oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/sound/dsp): No such file or directory what I have done to try and fix this is 1. create /dev/sound/dsp ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sound with Mandrake 9

Howdy all, I have a creative vibra 16 sound card and Mandrake linux 9. I can't seem to get the sound server to run (it comes up with errors). I'm a bit of a linux newb so I'd really appreciate any help on what I have to do to get it working. Thanks! ~ Paul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this sound right?

A user's default permissions when creating new files or directories is set by the umask of either the system or in the startup script of the user itself. For example, I have 'umask 022' in my .profile which means that my default permissions will be 755. Typically, the system default umask is 022,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

5. Linux

sound cards

i installed Red Hat Fedora (successfully this time) and my sound card wasnt automticly found or what ever. so how do i get my sound working and stuff? how do i gonfigure the sound card? how do i get it to detect the sound card? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
4 Replies

6. Linux

sound driver

i install fedora core 4 but it fail to detect my sound card. my sound card is sigmatel. how can i solve this problem? can i install other sound driver? thx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsc
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

turn off sound

how to disable anoying beep sound??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnn
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sound Device

hi all i have a problem that if i use something like firefox it will grab the sound device and not release it, so i can not use skype is there a command to see what is using the audio device i am using Fedora thaks Adam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

9. Linux

No sound

I reformatted my hard drive and installed Mandriva 2011. It works fine. I can go to the Internet The problem is no sound. I want to listen to songs from YouTube. Sound doesn't come. I see a man is singing on the screen. No sound. I had no problem with my old Mandriva. Sound and everything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
11 Replies

10. Red Hat

No sound in my Linux

I am not able to run any video file. Getting message something like : no audio facility. Is this may be problem of driver. If so please send me link for the same. I am working on Red Hat Fedora (Linux) (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
16 Replies
pci_eh_enable(5)						File Formats Manual						  pci_eh_enable(5)

NAME
pci_eh_enable - enables/disables PCI Error Recovery VALUES
Failsafe Default (Enables PCI Error Recovery.) Allowed values Integer values from to Recommended values (Enables PCI Error Recovery.) DESCRIPTION
HP-UX supports PCI Error Handling/Recovery to ensure that PCI errors caused by bad cards do not crash a hard partition on high end systems. This functionality helps in recovering the most common parity errors. This tunable is made static because it is very hard to modify hard- ware capability at run time. is made public so certain service guard users would be able to turn off the functionality. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Recommended for service guard customers. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at next reboot. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? This tunable should be turned on to enable PCI Error Recovery functionality When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? To disable PCI Error Recovery functionality What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? PCI Error Recovery functionality will be disabled WARNINGS
Even if tunable is PCI Error Handling/Recovery functionality will be disabled if the platform does not have the capability. All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Kernel Tunable for PCI Error Recovery pci_eh_enable(5)