Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Sound under OS 10.4.11 and 10.7.2 Post 302568057 by shub22 on Wednesday 26th of October 2011 04:05:36 AM
Old 10-26-2011
Thanks. Beep signal is activated under preferences of Terminal. But there is another problem, unfortunately !
When typing:

afplay /Users/stephane/Library/Audio/Sounds/Alerts/bigben.mp3

I get this error message from Terminal:

Error: AudioFileOpen failed (-43)

Got an idea of what went wrong ? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

freeBSD 4.4 sound help please

how do i configure sound on a laptop in FreeBSD 4.4 the laptop is a Green753+ i think the sound is a ess ? can any one help please tryed to make a genric kerl but did not work (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicrawler
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sound Problems

Hi All I am having difficulty configuring sound on my system an wonder if anyone can help me. xmms refuses to play telling me that oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/sound/dsp): No such file or directory what I have done to try and fix this is 1. create /dev/sound/dsp ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sound with Mandrake 9

Howdy all, I have a creative vibra 16 sound card and Mandrake linux 9. I can't seem to get the sound server to run (it comes up with errors). I'm a bit of a linux newb so I'd really appreciate any help on what I have to do to get it working. Thanks! ~ Paul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does this sound right?

A user's default permissions when creating new files or directories is set by the umask of either the system or in the startup script of the user itself. For example, I have 'umask 022' in my .profile which means that my default permissions will be 755. Typically, the system default umask is 022,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

5. Linux

sound cards

i installed Red Hat Fedora (successfully this time) and my sound card wasnt automticly found or what ever. so how do i get my sound working and stuff? how do i gonfigure the sound card? how do i get it to detect the sound card? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xcaliber
4 Replies

6. Linux

sound driver

i install fedora core 4 but it fail to detect my sound card. my sound card is sigmatel. how can i solve this problem? can i install other sound driver? thx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsc
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

turn off sound

how to disable anoying beep sound??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnn
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sound Device

hi all i have a problem that if i use something like firefox it will grab the sound device and not release it, so i can not use skype is there a command to see what is using the audio device i am using Fedora thaks Adam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

9. Linux

No sound

I reformatted my hard drive and installed Mandriva 2011. It works fine. I can go to the Internet The problem is no sound. I want to listen to songs from YouTube. Sound doesn't come. I see a man is singing on the screen. No sound. I had no problem with my old Mandriva. Sound and everything... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Toxic
11 Replies

10. Red Hat

No sound in my Linux

I am not able to run any video file. Getting message something like : no audio facility. Is this may be problem of driver. If so please send me link for the same. I am working on Red Hat Fedora (Linux) (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
16 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)