Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reinstall identical system?
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu reinstall identical system? Post 302567637 by Corona688 on Monday 24th of October 2011 02:36:56 PM
Old 10-24-2011
How identical a system? Is the size of disk larger?

It may be possible to do a direct disk dump from one system to the other, bringing all your configuration and programs and files with it.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

reinstall Linux

I am trying to reinstall Linux on a machine which already has Linux. It's an Intel Machine (DELL). I want to boot it from the CD but for some reason, I don't get the F2 or F12 for setup. It directly takes me to the welcome thing. What do I need to do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bandaru
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash reinstall

Is there any way how to reinstall bash without reinstaling the whole unix? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Foxgard
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i reinstall unix or solaris if i can't log into the system?

I just got a Sun solaris workstation from my friend but i don't know the password to his username. I have all the software but i dont know how to reinstall the operating system without logging in first. I dont need any of the info already on the system. Someone please help :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hoops31237
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to verify that copied data to remote system is identical with local data.

I have created simple shell script #!/bin/sh echo `date`; echo "Start .... find . -mtime +95 -print > /tmp/files.txt for file in `cat /tmp/files.txt` do echo "copying file - $file" /usr/local/bin/scp -p -P 2222 $file remote.hostname:/file/path echo "copid file -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
3 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Reinstall

As a pet project we are trying to install Windows 95 on an OLD Laptop PC (Toshiba Satallite 110CS) Well Our first Debacle was Dos Died due to us Formatting the system (Well duh) How ever we have failed to beable to Get a Base install of dos to start Installing 95. We have No CD-ROM (Quaint we... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexodia
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall recommendations?

I'm currently running 32-bit Xubuntu 8.10 and I'm thinking of changing over to 64-bit Ubuntu 9.04. Any recommendations on how to make this go more smoothly? -----Post Update----- Can I shuffle around the partitions and install it as a second OS? Is there a good way to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall Solaris?

Hey! I'm new here, and excuse my complete lack of knowledge as a total newbie. I've recently started a new job managing a nightclub, and we have 3 sun terminals installed that customers are able to use in the lounge area. However, we can't seem to log onto them as the old tech guy left on bad... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snogthefrog
5 Replies

8. AIX

Uninstall and reinstall AIX

Hi All, Currently I have a machine running on AIX5.3 (standalone). I plan to remove this AIX5.3 and install with new AIX6.1. This is a testing server so no backup are required. I just want to know, what is the best way to do this. For your information, I'm still new in AIX, so i dont have much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aremint
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Upgrading a system from two pCPU to four pCPU, need RHEL reinstall?

Hello guys, I'm running RHEL on a Cisco UCS system provided by four CPU sockets but with only two CPUs filled in (so two CPU sockets are empty). I'd like to upgrade my system adding two other CPUs (of the same type). Do I need to reinstall the OS after the upgrade or RHEL will seamlessly manage... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azzo1
3 Replies
vxconfigbackup(1M)														vxconfigbackup(1M)

NAME
vxconfigbackup - back up disk group configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vxconfigbackup [-l directory] [[dgname ...] | [dgid ...]] DESCRIPTION
The vxconfigbackup utility can be used to backup up the configuration information for one or more disk groups. The disk groups may be specified either by name or by ID. If no disk groups are specified, all disk group configurations are backed up. OPTIONS
-l directory Specifies a directory other than the default where the backup configuration files are to be written. Note: The default backup directory is /etc/vx/cbr/bk. EXAMPLES
Back up the configuration of the mydg disk group to the directory /dgbackup/mydg: vxconfigbackup -l /dgbackup/mydg mydg FILES
/etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.dginfo Default location of backup file for disk group information. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.diskinfo Default location of backup file for disk attributes. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.binconfig Default location of backup file for binary configuration copy. /etc/vx/cbr/bk/dgname.dgid/dgid.cfgrec Default location of backup file for configuration records in vxprint -m format. NOTES
The vxconfigbackupd daemon automatically backs up a disk group's new configuration to the default backup directory whenever the configura- tion is changed. The vxconfigbackup command is provided to back up the configuration manually at any other desired time. The disk group configuration backup and restore utilities do not save any data in the public region. This includes file system or other application data that is configured within VxVM objects. SEE ALSO
vxconfigbackupd(1M), vxconfigrestore(1M) VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxconfigbackup(1M)