Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing showq shows less active nodes as normal Post 302567065 by otheus on Saturday 22nd of October 2011 04:20:47 AM
Old 10-22-2011
What cluster engine / tools are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

vmstat returns good val for cpuIdle put ps shows no active process

hi i'm running a shell script that checks the amount of cpu idle either using /usr/bin/vmstat 1 2 or sar 1 2 (on unixware) before i run some tests(if cpu idle greater than 89 I run them). These tests are run on many platforms, linux(suse, redhat) hp-ux, unixware, aix, solaris, tru64. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

du -k shows different size in two nodes

After rcp -rp from remote host, using du -k to verify the file size but total file size have different size. Check on individual file, file size is correct. How can I confirm on the file size after ftp? Pls advise. Thank you. (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: KhawHL
15 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

7. AIX

Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all, I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before. So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ? If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One service, two nodes, HA

Hi all. I have two nodes taken different places. They are connected together on a network. So, i have a service, it works on one of nodes and when the node is unavailable the service should will be launched on other node. Solution: rhel cluster, keepalive, hearbeat...may be Carp but what if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flomaster
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies
cmhaltcl(1m)															      cmhaltcl(1m)

NAME
cmhaltcl - halt a high availability cluster SYNOPSIS
cmhaltcl [-f] [-v] DESCRIPTION
cmhaltcl causes all nodes in a configured cluster to stop their cluster daemons, optionally halting all packages or applications in the process. To stop a cluster, a user must either be superuser(UID=0), or have an access policy of FULL_ADMIN allowed in the cluster configuration file. See access policy in cmquerycl(1). This command will halt all the daemons on all currently running systems. If the user only wants to shutdown a subset of daemons, the cmhaltnode command should be used instead. Options cmhaltcl supports the following options: -f Force the cluster to shutdown even if packages or group members are currently running. This will cause the packages and group members to be halted. If a package halt fails, the cluster halt will also fail. -v Verbose output will be displayed. RETURN VALUE
cmhaltcl returns the following value: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
Halt the cluster daemons: cmhaltcl AUTHOR
cmhaltcl was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmquerycl(1m), cmhaltnode(1m), cmruncl(1m), cmrunnode(1m), cmviewcl(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmhaltcl(1m)