Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 - how to backup and restore system disc Post 302567005 by perlb4php on Friday 21st of October 2011 05:13:34 PM
Old 10-21-2011
This might be a solution for FLAR replacement

I was searching around myself and found Storix bare-metal recovery. I just downloaded it so I don't know how well it works, but it reports to do exactly what I need. Checking out the Linux version as well. I'll post what I find out.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Backup / restore

Hi.... everyone could help me to understand how to do a backup of my servers .. operating systems is sun solaris 8 . I have some question about .... 1) Is better backup phisical disk or partition ??? i sow the command is ufsdump 0cfu /expbck/bcksunver/c0t0d0s5 dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

F-Backup restore

Hello! i have a blank harddrive and a complete tape backup of the workstation. the backup is made with F-Backup. Now my question is: how can i restore my workstation? thanks for every idea! paul tittel hup-si (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paultittel
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris System State & filesystems backup

Hi , We are using Veritas Net Backup , I want to create a new policy for backing up the (Solaris Operating System & the file systems) only the OS. not Full backup because we have an other policy for Oracle Apps and it takes full backup for all Partitions. I need the OS backup to be in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

4. Solaris

File system and disc mount

Hello All Well i m using sun fire and I want to view file system on each disc mount then what will be the commands?...like i want to get each disc like c0t0d0s0 and others and i want to see directories and files distributed on each discs.... with heartiest greetings nilanjan (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
7 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenSource / Free backup and restore solution for Solaris 10

Is there any free /opensource backup&restore solution available for solaris10 i want to backup Solaris10 machine with oracle 9 version. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Backup / Restore

Hi, I need to back up a RH file system (96G). The files are oracle .dbf format some of which are 5G in size. I know that tar has got a size restriction of 2G so I cannot use this. Can anyone recommend an alternative way of backuping up this FS? I have been looking at dump but this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies

7. Solaris

how to restore backup from veritas vm in ufs file system

Hi all I have a DLT tape in that tape backup is there is in veritas volume format and i want to restore it in ufs file system how can i do it? right now i don't have veritas file system setup. i have only ufs file sysytem please help some production data is to be restore. backup was taken... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil kasar
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Making HDD backup in sun Solaris system

Hello to all, I have Fujitsu Celzius M470 workstation which has Sun solaris system installed and want to make a complete backup of the hard drive. The existing HDD is SATA II, 500 GB. I don't have much experience working with SUN solaris systems (not at all) but have some experience with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of disc group to kick off Oracle RMAN backup

Hi guys, i need a small help. I was writing an automation script for import utility of oracle datapump. I am getting stuck in one part of the shell script where i am doing a grep on one of the filesystem and if it is above threshold then it would kick off an oracle RMAN backup. Fyi. i am grepping... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sub
3 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
VGCFGRESTORE(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   VGCFGRESTORE(8)

NAME
vgcfgrestore - restore volume group descriptor area SYNOPSIS
vgcfgrestore [-d|--debug] [-f|--file <filename>] [--force] [-l[l]|--list] [-h|--help] [-M|--metadatatype 1|2] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] VolumeGroupName DESCRIPTION
vgcfgrestore allows you to restore the metadata of VolumeGroupName from a text backup file produced by vgcfgbackup. You can specify a backup file with --file. If no backup file is specified, the most recent one is used. Use --list for a list of the available backup and archive files of VolumeGroupName. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -l, --list List files pertaining to VolumeGroupName List metadata backup and archive files pertaining to VolumeGroupName. May be used with the -f option. Does not restore VolumeGroupName. -f, --file filename Name of LVM metadata backup file Specifies a metadata backup or archive file to be used for restoring VolumeGroupName. Often this file has been created with vgcfgbackup. --force Necessary to restore metadata with thin pool volumes. WARNING: Use with extreme caution. Most changes to thin metadata cannot be reverted. You may lose data if you restore metadata that does not match the thin pool kernel metadata precisely. REPLACING PHYSICAL VOLUMES
vgdisplay --partial --verbose will show you the UUIDs and sizes of any PVs that are no longer present. If a PV in the VG is lost and you wish to substitute another of the same size, use pvcreate --restorefile filename --uuid uuid (plus additional arguments as appropriate) to initialise it with the same UUID as the missing PV. Repeat for all other missing PVs in the VG. Then use vgcfgrestore --file filename to restore the volume group's metadata. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.105(2)-RHEL7 (2014-03-26) VGCFGRESTORE(8)