Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Persistent Security Banner on Gnome Desktop Post 302566954 by ArizonaTraveler on Friday 21st of October 2011 01:47:45 PM
Old 10-21-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitlord
You need to message me because I think I know who your costumer is.
I appreciate your responses, but I think you'll understand if I respectfully pass on identifying the customer, privately or otherwise.

Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gnome desktop crash log

Hi All, When ever gnome desktop crashes, is it write errors to any log files? if yes please let me know log file name and path for the same. Thanks in advance for your inputs. Regards Bachegowda (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Umask, in Desktop(gnome)

I want user, have umask 007, i just add in .bashrc and working, but our user using GDM for login, so I just add umask in /etc/profile. Is ther other way to put umask than in /etc/profile if using GDM? How to make .bash_profile with our define(default with my setting). Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blesets
1 Replies

3. SuSE

SLED 10.2 Default gnome desktop generation

Hi! Does anyone know where to alter the default gnome setup that SLED 10.2 does? I work for a big company and we have a huge issue with SLED adding the "main-menu" gnome panel applet thingie.... /opt/gnome/lib/gnome-main-menu/main-menu Is there any way to exchange this process for ex the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GNOME Desktop - Setting missing from dconf-editor?

Hello All, Last night I installed OpenSuSE 12.1 (i586) on a HP Mini 110 laptop. And I selected GNOME as my Desktop during install... So I was trying to customize some things about the desktop, for example adding the Maximize/Minimize/Close options to the titlebar of a window. I did this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to get a Xterm or X app to appear under a Linux Gnome Desktop

I want to have a xterm or xapplication from a Solaris client to appear on my RHEL Server running GNOME desktop. It may sound easy at first but, I have done the basics and I be stuck. Have Tried: Linux - logged in as root, open a Terminal and did a echo $DISPLAY and it reports back :0.0 I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
7 Replies
krsd(1M)																  krsd(1M)

NAME
krsd - kernel registry services daemon SYNOPSIS
seconds] DESCRIPTION
saves data, flagged as persistent in the core kernel KRS tree, to files on disk. These files are read when the system is booted, in order to restore the aforementioned persistent data. When running in daemon mode, sleeps, waking periodically to check if any persistent data have changed since the last save. If persistent data have changed, the new state of the data is saved to disk. Otherwise, sleeps for another period of time and then repeats the process. When running in one time (non-daemon) mode, unconditionally saves persistent data to disk and then exits. Normally, is executed in daemon mode by init(1M). The entry for will cause to be respawned automatically if it is terminated. uses the message logging facility to log all activity. Persistent KRS data are maintained in files based on the class of the data in question. Currently, the following classes are recognized: Data that apply to the system in general, regardless of what configuration is booted. This data is saved in the file Data specific to a given bootable configuration. This data is saved in the file only saves the class; the class is managed by the kernel configuration tools (see kconfig(5)). Options recognizes the following options: One time mode, unconditionally save persistent data to disk, then exit. Run from parent does not spawn a child nor exit. Required if from inittab is to work properly. Set the delay time to seconds seconds. This is the time interval between attempted saves of persistent data. The default interval is 300 seconds. AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
krs_flush(1M), kconfig(5), krs(5). krsd(1M)