Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine the lines from separate text files Post 302566895 by vbe on Friday 21st of October 2011 11:39:47 AM
Old 10-21-2011
Code:
cat fil*.txt >>output.txt

Too simple?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to combine 2 lines in same files based on any text

hi, I want to combine two lines in same file. If the line ends with '&' it should belongs to previous line only Here i am writing example. Ex1: line 1 : return abcdefgh& line 2 : ijklmnopqr& line 3 : stuvw& line 4 : xyz output should be line 1: return abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Direct the invalid lines to a separate files

Hi, I have a pipe delimited file with 1 million records. I need to validate each line by counting the number of delimiters, if any line fails to have the specified number of delimiters, taat line has to be sent to a reject file. Kindly suggest. if code provided, it is highly appreciated, and... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandapani
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating lines of separate files using awk or sed

For example: File 1: abc def ghi jkl mno pqr File 2: stu vwx yza bcd efg hij klm nop qrs I want the reult to be: abc def ghistu vwx yza jkl mno pqrbcd efg hij klm nop qrs (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate lines from text file

I have a text file with lot of rows like.. Action & Adventure|2012: Supernova NR|2009-11-01 00:01:00|2010-05-01 23:59:00|Active|3 Action & Adventure|50 Dead Men Walking|2010-01-05 00:01:00|2010-06-30 23:59:00|Active|3 Action & Adventure|Afterwards|2009-11-26 00:01:00|2010-03-26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to combine text files

how to combine text files in new file and be separated by commas : example: f1.txt 1 2 3 f2.txt x y z f3.txt m n o i need output to be fnew.txt 1,x,m (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: takyeldin
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine lines from two files based on an if statement

I'm rather new to programming, and am attempting to combine lines from 2 files in a way that is way beyond my expertise - any help would be appreciated! I need to take a file (file1) and add columns to it from another file (file2). However, a line from file2 should only be added to a given line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheri
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop through lines and save into separate files

I have two files: file-gene_families.txt that contains 30,000 rows of 30 columns. Column 1 is the ID column and contains the Col1 Col2 Col3 ... One gene-encoded CBPs ABC 111 ... One gene-encoded CBPs ABC 222 ... One gene-encoded CBPs ABC 212 ... Two gene encoded CBPs EFC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate columns into different text files

Hi I have large text file consisting of five columns. Sample of the file is give below: ed 2-4 12.0 commons that they depended on. मानवों नष्ट किया जिन पर वो आधारित थे। ed 3-1 12.0 Almost E, but would be over. रचना करीब करीब ई तक जाती है, मगर तब तो नाटक ख़त्म हो... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two text files

Hi I use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and bash shell. I need help to write a script to combine two text files. The first file is FIRST.txt <Text Text_ID="10155645315851111_10155645333076543" From="460350337461111" Created="2011-03-16T17:05:37+0000" use_count="123">This is the first text</Text> <Text... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ls to text file on separate lines

hi, I'm trying to print out the contents of a folder into a .txt file. The code I'm trying amongst variations is: ls -1 > filenames.txt but it prints them all on the same line ie. image102.bmpimage103.bmpimage104.bmpimage105.bmpimage106.bmp how can I change this? Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie100
2 Replies
gensprep(8)							 ICU 50.1.2 Manual						       gensprep(8)

NAME
gensprep - compile StringPrep data from files filtered by filterRFC3454.pl SYNOPSIS
gensprep [ -h, -?, --help ] [ -v, --verbose ] [ -c, --copyright ] [ -s, --sourcedir source ] [ -d, --destdir destination ] DESCRIPTION
gensprep reads filtered RFC 3454 files and compiles their information into a binary form. The resulting file, <name>.icu, can then be read directly by ICU, or used by pkgdata(8) for incorporation into a larger archive or library. The files read by gensprep are described in the FILES section. OPTIONS
-h, -?, --help Print help about usage and exit. -v, --verbose Display extra informative messages during execution. -c, --copyright Include a copyright notice into the binary data. -s, --sourcedir source Set the source directory to source. The default source directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. -d, --destdir destination Set the destination directory to destination. The default destination directory is specified by the environment variable ICU_DATA. ENVIRONMENT
ICU_DATA Specifies the directory containing ICU data. Defaults to /usr/share/icu/50.1.2/. Some tools in ICU depend on the presence of the trailing slash. It is thus important to make sure that it is present if ICU_DATA is set. FILES
The following files are read by gensprep and are looked for in the source /misc for rfc3454_*.txt files and in source /unidata for Normal- izationCorrections.txt. rfc3453_A_1.txt Contains the list of unassigned codepoints in Unicode version 3.2.0.... rfc3454_B_1.txt Contains the list of code points that are commonly mapped to nothing.... rfc3454_B_2.txt Contains the list of mappings for casefolding of code points when Normalization form NFKC is specified.... rfc3454_C_X.txt Contains the list of code points that are prohibited for IDNA. NormalizationCorrections.txt Contains the list of code points whose normalization has changed since Unicode Version 3.2.0. VERSION
50.1.2 COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 IBM, Inc. and others. SEE ALSO
pkgdata(8) ICU MANPAGE
18 March 2003 gensprep(8)