Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SunOS 5.9 mail logs
Operating Systems Solaris SunOS 5.9 mail logs Post 302566566 by bartus11 on Thursday 20th of October 2011 03:30:44 PM
Old 10-20-2011
All the logging related to the mail service.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send mail when user logs in.

Hi All, I have a specific requirement hope you guys can help me resolve this problem. I want to send an email when a specific user logs in.. Eg: My User ID on the Unix box is VENKYA when I log into the System can we send a mail that I logged in. I am on a Sun Solaris Server. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkyA
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arvind Maurya
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail problems SUNOS BOX

now, i need to send a file to an email address but i cant seem to find a place on the internet that tells me that specifically. sites i came across just happens to be beating aroung the bush too much. i'm running a SUNOS box 5.6. can someone please give me the proper syntax. either for mailx... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
2 Replies

5. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep yesterday logs from weblogic logs

Hi, I am trying to write a script which would go search and get the info from the logs based on yesterday timestamp and write yesterday logs in new file. The log file format is as follows: """"""""""""""""""""""""""... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harish.parker
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Analysing Mail Logs

Hello, I have a list of e-mails. I need to know, which email-s from that list not use. I want to do this things: - take email address from email list - find this address in mail logs - if, there is no record about this e-mail adress in list, show this e-mail address on screen I did... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naezdnik
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If I ran perl script again,old logs should move with today date and new logs should generate.

Appreciate help for the below issue. Im using below code.....I dont want to attach the logs when I ran the perl twice...I just want to take backup with today date and generate new logs...What I need to do for the below scirpt.............. 1)if logs exist it should move the logs with extention... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
POSTLOG(1)						      General Commands Manual							POSTLOG(1)

NAME
postlog - Postfix-compatible logging utility SYNOPSIS
postlog [-iv] [-c config_dir] [-p priority] [-t tag] [text...] DESCRIPTION
The postlog(1) command implements a Postfix-compatible logging interface for use in, for example, shell scripts. By default, postlog(1) logs the text given on the command line as one record. If no text is specified on the command line, postlog(1) reads from standard input and logs each input line as one record. Logging is sent to syslogd(8); when the standard error stream is connected to a terminal, logging is sent there as well. The following options are implemented: -c config_dir Read the main.cf configuration file in the named directory instead of the default configuration directory. -i Include the process ID in the logging tag. -p priority Specifies the logging severity: info (default), warn, error, fatal, or panic. -t tag Specifies the logging tag, that is, the identifying name that appears at the beginning of each logging record. A default tag is used when none is specified. -v Enable verbose logging for debugging purposes. Multiple -v options make the software increasingly verbose. ENVIRONMENT
MAIL_CONFIG Directory with the main.cf file. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf parameters are especially relevant to this program. The text below provides only a parameter summary. See postconf(5) for more details including examples. config_directory (see 'postconf -d' output) The default location of the Postfix main.cf and master.cf configuration files. syslog_facility (mail) The syslog facility of Postfix logging. syslog_name (see 'postconf -d' output) The mail system name that is prepended to the process name in syslog records, so that "smtpd" becomes, for example, "postfix/smtpd". SEE ALSO
postconf(5), configuration parameters syslogd(8), syslog daemon LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA POSTLOG(1)