Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Test shell script step by step? Post 302566240 by Ophiuchus on Thursday 20th of October 2011 01:34:45 AM
Old 10-20-2011
Hi Corona,

I understand what you're explaining me.

From time to time I do Excel macros and shell scripts, in both scenarios, by far I'm not an expert, but in Excel using that feature,
for instance, I can find the errors faster and/or improve a bad loop.

I only was wondering if in shell that feature exists because I know even less than Excel Macros and I need more
time to find where the error is, or how to know how it goes the code even it has no errors.

Thanks for help.

Grettings

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install of sco unix step by step

HI I am new to unix and need to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take - the hd is a 9gb scsi drive (pretty old machine) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: porikamu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Step by step Installation of Unix SCO 2.1

I am new to unix and server at my job crashed due to hardware problem. I'm now opted to install sco unix on a new server - could anybody help me with the steps I need to take (pretty old machine) Thanks & Regards Nancy :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nensee7
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

works step by step on command line but not in script

Hi all, The following script is fine when I work via command line m=1 c=0 while do echo $m gnokii --getsms IN $m > out.txt; m=`expr $m + 1`; cat out.txt >> message_log; ############ read first crap< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}' out.txt); read message< <(sed -n '/Text:/{n;p;}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whamchaxed
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

looking for step by step emacs c++ debug tutorial

Hello all i was searching the net for simple but effective tutorial to show me how debug c++ in emacs with not much luck. im not new to unix but new to emacs , i looking for tutorial that shows how to debug ( if possible ) c++ programs . LIike IDE suppose to , break points step in/out variable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Step by step to replace Failed disk

Hi all. This may be a stupid question but here goes: I lost a disk on my Sun-Fire 480-r and want to replace it. I don't care about the data, I just need to get a new disk in. Can anyone supply me with step by step procedure please. I am not an expert by any means and it is a dev box so I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

6. Linux

May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code

Thank all of you. May you explain step by step where and how I will add pseudo code Note : I have Linux 2.6.24-26-server on x86_64 dears kindly help me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nonowa
3 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Slowly Removing Bold Font Style - Step-by-Step

FYI, I'm slowly removing a lot of the bold font-styles from titles of discussions, forum titles, etc I'm not removing bold for the entire site because we do need bold from time to time, especially in posts and sometimes in other places. However, the original forum style had way too much... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
Excel::Template::Container::Worksheet(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		Excel::Template::Container::Worksheet(3pm)

NAME
Excel::Template::Container::Worksheet - Excel::Template::Container::Worksheet PURPOSE
To provide a new worksheet. NODE NAME
WORKSHEET INHERITANCE
Excel::Template::Container ATTRIBUTES
o NAME This is the name of the worksheet to be added. o PROTECT If the attribute exists, it will mark the worksheet as being protected. Whatever value is set will be used as the password. This activates the HIDDEN and LOCKED nodes. o KEEP_LEADING_ZEROS This will change the behavior of the worksheet to preserve leading zeros. o HIDE_GRIDLINE his method is used to hide the gridlines on the screen and printed page. Gridlines are the lines that divide the cells on a worksheet. Screen and printed gridlines are turned on by default in an Excel worksheet. If you have defined your own cell borders you may wish to hide the default gridlines. $worksheet->hide_gridlines(); The following values of $option are valid: 0 : Don't hide gridlines 1 : Hide printed gridlines only 2 : Hide screen and printed gridlines If you don't supply an argument or use undef the default option is 1, i.e. only the printed gridlines are hidden. o LANDSCAPE This will set the worksheet's orientation to landscape. o PORTRAIT This will set the worksheet's orientation to portrait. While this is the default, it's useful to override the default at times. For example, in the following situation: <workbook landscape="1"> <worksheet> ... </worksheet <worksheet portrait="1"> ... </worksheet <worksheet> ... </worksheet </workbook> In that example, the first and third worksheets will be landscape (inheriting it from the workbook node), but the second worksheet will be portrait. o AUTOFILTER With these attribute, you can add the autofilter to a worksheet. An autofilter is a way of adding drop down lists to the headers of a 2D range of worksheet data. This is turn allow users to filter the data based on simple criteria so that some data is shown and some is hidden. Example to add an autofilter to a worksheet: <workbook> <worksheet autofilter='A1:D11' /> <worksheet autofilter='0, 0, 10, 3' /> </workbook> CHILDREN
None EFFECTS
None DEPENDENCIES
None USAGE
<worksheet name="My Taxes"> ... Children here </worksheet> In the above example, the children will be executed in the context of the "My Taxes" worksheet. AUTHOR
Rob Kinyon (rob.kinyon@gmail.com) SEE ALSO
ROW, CELL, FORMULA perl v5.14.2 2010-06-17 Excel::Template::Container::Worksheet(3pm)