Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Frequent crashes in ESXi virtual Solaris machine Post 302565863 by DukeNuke2 on Wednesday 19th of October 2011 02:39:14 AM
Old 10-19-2011
looks like problems with a network interface... the "e1000g" module is involved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine access on host os

Hi I have two solaris 10 virtual machines on my Vista laptop. I want to access both machines using putty in vista. I used DHCP while installing virtual machines. one machine gets the ip address and other does not. What is the problem? can i assign a static ip address if yes how? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static IP address for solaris 10 virtual machine

Hi All I am having a solaris 10 virtual machine on vista (using vmware 7) laptop. Now i want to access virtual machine from vista using putty. Problem is that i insalled the solaris machine as dhcp. and whenever i connect to internet or reboot my system the IP address of solaris... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankurk
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

5. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

solaris virtual machine vmware esx

Hi All How would you send a solaris virtual machine in vmware esx, a break signal? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakerock
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How to count number of physical and virtual processors on Solaris machine.?

hi, I am using command psrinfo -p to check the number of physical processors present on any soalris machine.I want to check the number of virtual processors assigned for particular solaris machine. which command/set of command need to be used which can grep or show the total virtual processors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

8. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine SPARC?

Hello, please, can somebody tell me if can i virtualize Solaris 11 SPARC architecture in a x86 PC? Virtualbox allows doing that? i need to run Solaris 11 SPARC to make a lab, and dont have any SUN machine to do on it. Thanks in advance! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)