Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount the cd/dvd drive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mount the cd/dvd drive Post 302565180 by goossen on Monday 17th of October 2011 07:31:57 AM
Old 10-17-2011
Which VM software are you using ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. AIX

Check for media in DVD drive

I would like to check for the existance of media in a DVD drive prior to running a mkcd. Is this possible? I have accomplished this in the past with tctl, but that was with a tape drive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmjoen
0 Replies

3. AIX

Mount a DVD

Hi:- I am trying to mount a DVD using SMIT on an AIX server but getting the following error: "mount: 0506-324 Cannot mount /dev/cd0 on /cdrom: The media is not formatted or the format is not correct." Please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janet
1 Replies

4. Linux

cant mount dvd on iso9660 format

Hello experts, Im having the following problem: I have recorded a data dvd and need to mount it on a linux red hat 4 enterprise server. But when I run: mount -t iso9660 /dev/hda /media/cdrecorder appear the following message: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock then I run dmesg... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 does not mount CD/DVD ROM

Hi All, I just bought the SUN x2200m2. After I installed Solaris, I cannot see the CD/DVD ROM. I cannot mount the CD/DVD ROM since it says already mounted. When I try unmount it I get message that CD/DVD is not mounted. :( Any idea please. Thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: afakhim
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dvd in drive how to check

is there some tools(not graphical) command to reconnoiter what kind of cd/dvd is on drive (dvd+rw/dvd-rw/etc)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

7. AIX

dvd media in drive

Hello, It's some tool in AIX to check what kind of media (DVD+RW DVD-RW DVD-RAM) is inserted in drive? In linux there is very nice tool called dvd+rw-mediainfo. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
0 Replies

8. Solaris

x4270 Solaris Install without DVD Drive

Hello, Im installing solaris 10 on an x4270 server, but there is no DVD drive. I have only my windows laptop (with dvd drive) and direct access to the ILOM on the server via straight cable. Does anyone know any tips on how to get the solaris installed using what i have? Thanks, K. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kerrygold
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 install with no DVD drive

Hi Guys, I think i probably know the answer to this question, but ill put it out there. I have access to one, and only one SunFire v240 with no DVD drive. I have been tasked with installing Solaris 10 on there (Solaris 8 is on at the moment). The obvious thing was to try a USB DVD... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sol-nova
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX physical DVD/CD drive

Hello, I have some doubts about the dvd/cd physical on power machine and AIX. I see on my AIX lpar and see there is 1 DVD drive and its physical location bash-4.4# lsdev | grep cd0 cd0 Available 03-00-00 SATA DVD-RAM Drive bash-4.4# lscfg -vpl cd0 cd0 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
12 Replies
dhcpmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       dhcpmgr(1M)

NAME
dhcpmgr - graphical interface for managing DHCP service SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/dhcpmgr DESCRIPTION
dhcpmgr is a graphical user interface which enables you to manage the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service on the local sys- tem. It performs the functions of the dhcpconfig, dhtadm, and pntadm command line utilities. You must be root to use dhcpmgr. The dhcpmgr Help, available from the Help menu, contains detailed information about using the tool. USAGE
You can perform the following tasks using dhcpmgr: Configure DHCP service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a DHCP server, and select the data store to use for storing network configuration tables.. Configure BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP daemon as a BOOTP relay. Manage DHCP or BOOTP relay service Use dhcpmgr to start, stop, enable, disable or unconfigure the DHCP service or BOOTP relay service, or change DHCP server parameters. Manage DHCP addresses Use dhcpmgr to add, modify, or delete IP addresses leased by the DHCP service. Manage DHCP macros Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete macros used to supply configuration parameters to DHCP clients. Manage DHCP options Use dhcpmgr to add, modify or delete options used to define parameters deliverable through DHCP. Convert to a new DHCP data store Use dhcpmgr to configure the DHCP server to use a different data store, and convert the DHCP data to the format used by the new data store. Move DHCP data to another server Use dhcpmgr to export data from one Solaris DHCP server and import data onto another Solaris DHCP server. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdhcm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
dhcpconfig(1M), dhtadm(1M), pntadm(1M), in.dhcpd(1M), dhcpsvc.conf(4), dhcp_network(4), dhcptab(4), attributes(5), dhcp(5), dhcp_modules(5) Solaris DHCP Service Developer's Guide System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 13 Mar 2001 dhcpmgr(1M)