Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to log transform a text file? Post 302564781 by Corona688 on Friday 14th of October 2011 03:13:58 PM
Old 10-14-2011
You've asked this question about a million times before and instead of clarifying what you want, you just keep making more threads asking the same thing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use awk to log transform

Hello. I'm trying to use the awk command to convert certains fields to lgo base 2, not base 10. I'm trying command lines like: awk '$2 $5 $7 {print log(2)($2), log(2)($5), $7) filein.txt > fileout.txt I'm trying to make a deadline. Thanks for helping a newbie. Here's some fresh karma... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmzcal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transform a string to a variable?

Hi all, I'm fairly new to shell scripting. My problem: I'm getting a string, "$XXOGL_TOP", from a database table. I then want to get the value of this variable in the shell script (which is a search path). But it doesn't dissolve but remains a string "$XXOGL_TOP". Any ideas on how to get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerstin
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file text parsing

I'm new to scripting and was wondering if there was a way to accomplish what I want below using shell script(s). If there is a log file as follows, where the id is the unique id of a process, with the timestamp of when the process began and completed displayed, would it be possible to find the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dizydolly
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using awk to log transform a column in a tab-delimited text file?

How do I use awk to log transform the fifth column of a tab-delimited text file? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

5. Programming

STL transform question

Hi all, I pass to the transform algorithm two vectors, and the suma function. #include <algorithm> #include <iostream> #include <iterator> #include <vector> using namespace std; class Duo{ public: int one; int two; }; Duo suma(Duo first, Duo last){ Duo ret; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santiagorf
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to log transform on matrix file

Hi Friends, I have an input matrix file like this Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 R1 1 2 3 4 R2 4 5 6 7 R3 5 6 7 8 I would like to consider only the numeric values without touching the column header and the row header. I looked up on the forum's search, and I found this. But, I donno how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep a log file for words listed in separate text file?

Hello, I want to grep a log ("server.log") for words in a separate file ("white-list.txt") and generate a separate log file containing each line that uses a word from the "white-list.txt" file. Putting that in bullet points: Search through "server.log" for lines that contain any word... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add a number all the the values and log transform them using awk

Hi, is it possible to add a number to all the values in a file and log transform them using awk. thanx in advance input name c1 c2 c3 c4 r1 0 0.2 0.3 0.4 r2 0 0 0 1 r3 1 0 0 0 r4 0 0 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transform columns to matrix

The following code transform the matrix to columns. Is it possible to do it other way around ( get the input from the output) ? input y1 y2 y3 y4 y5 x1 0.3 0.5 2.3 3.1 5.1 x2 1.2 4.1 3.5 1.7 1.2 x3 3.1 2.1 1.0 4.1 2.1 x4 5.0 4.0 6.0 7.0 1.1 output x1 y1 0.3 x2 y1 1.2 x3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
Bio::Graphics::Wiggle::Loader(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			Bio::Graphics::Wiggle::Loader(3pm)

SYNOPSIS
my $loader = Bio::Graphics::Wiggle::Loader->new('/base/directory/for/wigfiles','wibfilename'); my $fh = IO::File->new('uploaded_file.txt'); $loader->load($fh); my $gff3_file = $loader->featurefile('gff3',$method,$source); my $featurefile = $loader->featurefile('featurefile'); USAGE
This module loads Bio::Graphics::Wiggle files from source files that use Jim Kent's "WIG" format: http://genome.ucsc.edu/google/goldenPath/help/wiggle.html Several data sets can be grouped together in a single WIG source file. The load() method accepts the path to a WIG source file, and will create one or more .wib ("wiggle binary") databases of quantitative data in the directory indicated when you created the loader. Call the featurefile() method to return a text file in either GFF3 or Bio::Graphics::FeatureFile format, suitable for loading into a gbrowse database. METHODS $loader = Bio::Graphics::Wiggle::Loader->new('/base/directory' [,'my_data']) Create a new loader. The first argument specifies the base directory in which the loaded .wib files will be created. The second argument specifies the base name for the created .wib files, or "track" if not specified. $loader->load($fh) Load the data from a source WIG file opened on a filehandle. $data = $loader->featurefile($type [,$method,$source]) Return the data corresponding to a GFF3 or Bio::Graphics::FeatureFile. The returned file will have one feature per WIG track, and a properly formatted "wigfile" attribute that directs Bio::Graphics to the location of the quantitative data. $type is one of "gff3" or "featurefile". In the case of "gff3", you may specify an optional method and source for use in describing each feature. In the case of "featurefile", the returned file will contain GBrowse stanzas that describe a reasonable starting format to display the data. $loader->allow_sampling(1) If allow_sampling() is passed a true value, then very large files (more than 5 MB) will undergo a sampling procedure to find their minimum and maximum values and standard deviation. Otherwise, file will be read in its entirety to generate those statistics. EXTENSIONS Several extensions to the WIG format "track" declaration are recognized. transform=<transform> Specify a transform to be performed on all numeric data within this track prior to loading into the binary wig file. Currently, the following three declarations are recognized: transform=logtransform y' = 0 for y == 0 y' = log(y) for y > 0 y' = -log(-y) for y < 0 transform=logsquared y' = log(y**2) for y != 0 y' = 0 for y == 0 transform=none y' = y (no transform - the default) trim=<trim> Specify a trimming function to be performed on the data prior to scaling. Currently, the following trim functions are recognized: trim=stdev1 trim to plus/minus 1 standard deviation of the mean trim=stdev2 trim to plus/minus 2 standard deviations of the mean (default) trim=stdevN trim to plus/minus N standard deviations of the mean trim=none no trimming Example entended track declaration: track type=wiggle_0 name="example" description="20 degrees, 2 hr" trim=stdev2 transform=logsquared SEE ALSO
Bio::Graphics::Wiggle, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_xyplot, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_density, Bio::Graphics::Panel, Bio::Graphics::Glyph, Bio::Graphics::Feature, Bio::Graphics::FeatureFile AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org>. Copyright (c) 2007 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory This package and its accompanying libraries is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL (either version 1, or at your option, any later version) or the Artistic License 2.0. Refer to LICENSE for the full license text. In addition, please see DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-20 Bio::Graphics::Wiggle::Loader(3pm)