Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 won't boot up "Cannot load drivers for /pci@400..... Post 302564604 by christr on Friday 14th of October 2011 06:49:09 AM
Old 10-14-2011
You're better off just doing a fresh install of the OS, and then restoring files you need individually such as /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.*, /etc/resolv.conf, other files, etc...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris (9) won't boot!

Hi, I've just bought an Ultra 60 running solaris 9 (or so I've been led to believe). When I start up, it looks for a (presumably) domain/network to hook up to and the following messages are displayed: Boot device: net file and args: Network link setup failed Please check cable and try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
3 Replies

2. Solaris

cannot find boot device and won't boot off cdrom

I'm running solaris 2.5.1. My main development server is DEAD, i can't even boot off the cdrom, it powers up, acts like it is starting the boot process but then says cannot find boot device. I've done the search here on this site and saw the other posts, but at the ok prompt it won't even let me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kymberm
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Library won't load

Trying to run an X11 executable under Darwin, I keep getting: dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libglib-1.2.0.dylib Referenced from: /usr/X11R6/bin/wav2rsomac Reason: image not found Trace/BPT trap I can't figure out if this is an error in the way the program is running, or if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sansan
0 Replies

4. AIX

won't mount /usr...won't boot fully

Hello: NOOB here. I attempted to use smit mkcd. Failed on first attempt, not enough space. 2nd attempt tried to place iso on /usr, not enough space there. Cleanup ran for about 5 minutes after aborting. Now AIX won't boot. LCD display on 7029-6E3 says: 0517 MOUNT /USR. Attempted to boot from CD... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbird
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD 7.1 Rel install on 1TB won't load

Hi Folks, Have anyone install FreeBSD on 1TB hard drive and have problem like not able to boot into the system? Well, I just purchase a new Maxtor 1TB SATA 300 hard drive and install FreeBSD on it, everything install well, but then reboot and all I get is just a display cursor.... nothing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdme2
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10u7 won't boot after hardware change

Hi all, I've somehow gained the idea that I _need_ to run at least 1 box with Solaris, but things don't go as I had planned :-) I pulled this ancient IBM eserver xseries 305 out of the dust, and got myself a fresh copy of the required cd's for Solaris 10u7. FAIL, for some reason the box and the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.aart
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Find out which eth or device belongs to interface "port 1 PCI 4"

Hi, I´ve given only this info to configure a network interface : "port 1 PCI 4" I´ve been searching for any kind of relationship in the system which allow me to find the etc that must be configured... Please, could anybody help me? rhxx:#/root# lspci |grep -i "PCI BRIDGE" 00:01.0 PCI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pabloli150
0 Replies
NSCD(8) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   NSCD(8)

NAME
nscd - name service cache daemon DESCRIPTION
Nscd is a daemon that provides a cache for the most common name service requests. The default configuration file, /etc/nscd.conf, deter- mines the behavior of the cache daemon. See nscd.conf(5). Nscd provides caching for accesses of the passwd(5), group(5), and hosts(5) databases through standard libc interfaces, such as getpw- nam(3), getpwuid(3), getgrnam(3), getgrgid(3), gethostbyname(3), and others. There are two caches for each database: a positive one for items found, and a negative one for items not found. Each cache has a separate TTL (time-to-live) period for its data. Note that the shadow file is specifically not cached. getspnam(3) calls remain uncached as a result. OPTIONS
--help will give you a list with all options and what they do. NOTES
The daemon will try to watch for changes in configuration files appropriate for each database (e.g., /etc/passwd for the passwd database or /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf for the hosts database), and flush the cache when these are changed. However, this will happen only after a short delay (unless the inotify(7) mechanism is available and glibc 2.9 or later is available), and this auto-detection does not cover configuration files required by nonstandard NSS modules, if any are specified in /etc/nsswitch.conf. In that case, you need to run the following command after changing the configuration file of the database so that nscd invalidates its cache: $ nscd -i <database> SEE ALSO
nscd.conf(5), nsswitch.conf(5) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2012-05-10 NSCD(8)