Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat LVM unmounted due to out of memory Post 302563475 by venikathir on Wednesday 12th of October 2011 08:34:31 AM
Old 10-12-2011
LVM unmounted due to out of memory

Hi ,
Our one of VMguest all lvm got unmounted once the machine is rebooted

when in repair state dmesg its showing an error out of memory killed process 22289 (lvm)

please refer screen shots attached

when i look the lvscan its showing all lvm are inactive
i checked throuh top there nothing used much memory
any idea how to get RCA

---------- Post updated 10-12-11 at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous update was 10-11-11 at 07:41 PM ----------

issue resolved
its related hugpages settings

we have changed the huge pages settings and resolved the issue

Actual Mem is 4GB and we assigned huge pages 3200 pages (i.e 6.25 Gb)

Thnx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

filesystem not getting unmounted

Hi, I'm working on SCO 2.1. I had a problem with my datadrive & I had replaced it lastly. Now one of the installed filesystems is not getting unmounted at the time of shutting down the system (I guess):confused: after the installation of new tape drive. If I try to unmount it forciblyby writing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nensee7
1 Replies

2. SCO

file system under /dev have been unmounted

Dear all, i am running SCO unix 7.1, and i had a problem with the system file that was full thus some application wasn't able to be executed; then i've done the following: - move some core files from / directory - Increase the system parameter FLCKREC, then rebuild the system. - after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athos19
1 Replies

3. AIX

Process crashing on AIX due to memory Leak

Hi All, I have a process running on my AIX 5.3 server box. The process runs fine for 5-6days but then crashes. The log file shows malloc failure and the svmon (Virtual memory size), ps -lef (SZ value) are also gradually increasing. But unfortunately MALLOCDEBUG and any other memory debugging... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBatra
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is this "Out of Memory!" error due to sort() of perl how to resolve it?

I am running a program written in perl script and it is stopped with "Out of memory!" error. This is very strange because at the time then the program is aborted, it only used 4GB RAM and there are still 30GB free physical memory left in the system. I check the perl script and found the program... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilili07
3 Replies

5. SuSE

Compile failed due to 'out of memory'

Maybe increase swap space will help? How to do it? When I install suse 11 on this box, I remeber it shows the swap space is 2G, I didn't find it anywhere now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
5 Replies

6. SuSE

shmat failed due to Cannot allocate memory

Hi, My program was running for a whole night. after 12 hours i got an error message "Cannot allocate memory" during the shmat commmand. So can you please let me know what could be the reason? is there any solution? thanks in advance. Regards, Mano (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharanMani
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

LVM Memory Usage

Hello I am using LVM to create volumes. After creating the volumes using "lvcreate" and then formating them as "ext3". I mounted these volumes to find around 40 -50GB space wasted. Any suggestions why? # df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sdb1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
5 Replies

9. AIX

Filesystem Unmounted

Please help me to find or how the filesystem got unmounted without our(Admin) knowledge? :confused::confused: It was an Application filesystem and server was not rebooted. Customer is asking the RCA that how their filesystem got umounted? bash-3.2# uptime 02:49PM up 193 days, 18:59, 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
3 Replies

10. AIX

Mounted and unmounted

Hi Guys I'm new here, and I need urgent help. This my first steps to be Aix admin and I have this task -instal Oracle database on Aix machine and create mounting point /u02 of size 100GB for Oracle Standalone database installation. -download and install the following OS patches - IV42025... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
5 Replies
LVSCAN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 LVSCAN(8)

NAME
lvscan - scan (all disks) for Logical Volumes SYNOPSIS
lvscan [-a|--all] [-b|--blockdevice] [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] DESCRIPTION
lvscan scans all known volume groups or all supported LVM block devices in the system for defined Logical Volumes. The output consists of one line for each Logical Volume indicating whether or not it is active, a snapshot or origin, the size of the device and its allocation policy. Use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain more-comprehensive information about the Logical Volumes. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. --all Include information in the output about internal Logical Volumes that are components of normally-accessible Logical Volumes, such as mirrors, but which are not independently accessible (e.g. not mountable). For example, after creating a mirror using 'lvcreate -m1 --mirrorlog disk', this option will reveal three internal Logical Volumes, with suffixes mimage_0, mimage_1, and mlog. -b, --blockdevice This option is now ignored. Instead, use lvs(8) or lvdisplay(8) to obtain the device number. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvdisplay(8) lvs(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) LVSCAN(8)