Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help to access windows share from linux box Post 302563425 by robo on Tuesday 11th of October 2011 07:39:27 AM
Old 10-11-2011
help to access windows share from linux box

how to access windows share from a linux box

windows machin is in different workgroup so
how to pass credentials whil acessing a share from a script

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Reboot a linux box from a windows box

HI All, I need a script to reboot a linux box from a windows box. The script needs to run automatically whenever a sitescope alerts with an error message. Have searched for this in the forums, but could not get something relative. Pls. let me know the various alternatives we have to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
2 Replies

2. AIX

Access windows share from AIX

How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to share a directory in AIX to access from Solaris and windows?

Hi All, I am basically new to this forum as well as AIX. To share some huge files between 2 servers I thought of creating a shared Directory in my AIX machine to access it in Solaris. I am very new to this AIX. Help me out how can u share a directory in AIX to access (mount) it on Solaris. Hope... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuchoudary_g
2 Replies

4. AIX

Access AIX NFS Share from Windows Server 2008

Hi all, Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a thousand times. I am trying to connect a Windows Server to an exported NFS share which resides on an AIX box. I think the directory is exported correctly from the AIX side but I can't verify that because I didn't do it myself. On the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ThePistonDoctor
6 Replies

5. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to access redhat Linux box graphically from windows box?

Hi I have a linux box and need to access from windows graphically # uname -a Linux pc-l416116 2.6.18-155.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jun 19 17:06:47 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux What components do I need to install on Linux and windows to do that? TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: magnus29
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Samba Share access from windows

Hello, I want to connect to two samba shares both on the same Linux box but each with a different username from a windows server 2008. I created 2 gpos to connect and I can connect to the shares individually via net use command, but once I entered credentials for one of the shares, it seems I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaineyma
1 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows by IP

Hi All Actually I have NAS Storage and Suddenly I got problem Unable to access the CIFS share folder on windows host, however the IP is pinging and the share is accessible via share name. The share can be accessed via share name only on Windows higher Windows Versions. Any help guys (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu_SM
4 Replies
X-TILE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 X-TILE(1)

NAME
x-tile - select windows and adjust their tiling SYNOPSIS
x-tile [option][rows][columns] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the x-tile command. x-tile is a program that allows tiling selected windows as desired. In addition of the predefined tilings, it allows user to create up to two user defined tilings to be applied later. It also provides a system tray icon for faster access to tiling menu. OPTIONS
This program doesn't follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). Instead, it uses case sen- sitive single letter options, followed by arguments when required. A summary of options is included below. w Open the x-tile main window without using the panel. z Undo the latest tiling operation. v Tile all opened windows vertically. h Tile all opened windows horizontally. u Tile all opened windows triangularly, top up. d Tile all opened windows triangularly, top down. l Tile all opened windows triangularly, top left. r Tile all opened windows triangularly, top right. q Tile all opened windows in a four square grid. g Tile all opened windows in a grid with the given rows and columns. 1 Apply user defined tiling #1 to all opened windows. 2 Apply user defined tiling #2 to all opened windows. i Invert the order of the latest tiling operation. m Maximize all opened windows. M Unmaximize all opened windows. c Close all opened windows. Any other Show a brief summary of options. AUTHORS
x-tile was written by Giuseppe Penone <giuspen@gmail.com> and Chris Camacho <chris_camacho@yahoo.com>. This manual page was written by Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). May 7, 2012 X-TILE(1)