Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace numbers in records
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace numbers in records Post 302563212 by radoulov on Monday 10th of October 2011 11:02:31 AM
Old 10-10-2011
Code:
sed '
  /^ASX..000/!s/^\(.\{5\}\)\(...\)\(..[12].*\)/\1000\3/
  ' infile

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbers of records in SAS dataset

I'm declaring a variable within a Korn shell to represent the total number of records in a SAS dataset and could use a little help with the syntax. This is what I have thus far: #!/usr/bin/ksh RecCount = `sas -x "select count(*) from /users/abc/123/sas_dataset.sas7bdat"` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seperating records with numbers from a set of numbers

I have two files one (numbers file)contains the numbers(approximately 30000) and the other file(record file) contains the records(approximately 40000)which may or may not contain the numbers from that file. I want to seperate the records which has the field 1=(any of the number from numbers... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete records with the given line numbers

I have a file which has about 10000 records and I need to delete about 50 records from the file. I know line numbers and am using sed '134,1357,......d' filename > new file. It does not seem to be working. Please Advice (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a particular field in all records in a csv file

hi, i have various csv files, the file format is as follows Entry: "1",4,2010/08/15-10-00-00.01,,"E",,,,,,,,,120,0,"M4_","C","KEW-011-5337140-20100916163456-540097","1234567890","N N 0 ",,,"NUK 800100200",,,"NN",,,,,,,,,,,,"0000000001|0001|20150401... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple numbers?

hello everyone i searched the net and i could not find script for this request. i believe sed command will do it but i'm not sure about how. my file contains thousands of records, the following is sample: BEGIN ASX15001 BEGIN ASX15000000500020101230 ASX18001020070002010123... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Replace records according to reference

Dear All, I am struggling with the following task and would appreciate some help. I have a large table (file1.txt). The first column of this table contains an ID. I would like to replace the ID with a label according to a reference file. Here is an example: cat infile.txt 0 AJ2312 310 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: GDC
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I replace the lines that start with a star and replace it with numbers start from 1?

I need to replace the (*) in the fist of a list with numbers using sed for example > this file contain a list * linux * computers * labs * questions to >>>> this file contain a list 1. linux 2. computers 3. labs 4. questions (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aalbazie
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple positions in records which match crireria

I have a test file a.txt 001 123 456 789 002 This is just a 001 test data 003 file. I want to clear columns 5 and 6 if the first 3 characters are 001 using awk. I tried following but does not work. Any suggestions? awk 'BEGIN{OFS=FS=""} {if (substr($0,1,3)=="123") $5=" "; $6="... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable value in first file based on records in second

Hello , I have below files a) File A <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?> <root xmlns="http://aaa/1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" version="2.0"> <project name="source"> <mapping name="m_Source"> <parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)