Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install system resource monitoring utilities? Post 302562850 by bakunin on Saturday 8th of October 2011 03:26:07 PM
Old 10-08-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar
it's time to ask your boss using IBM system director XD
Sorry, but that is no solution. Thread O/P gave a problem and an error message and this hints to something not working (correctly). If this is the case you better fix it instead of just trying to "work around" the error. Chances are the problem comes back hounting you at some very unwelcome point in time.

(Btw.: this is a general advice which is true regardless of the problem at hand. It is never a good idea to ignore/work around errors or just make symptoms go away.)

Coming back to O/Ps problem: try to delete "/etc/Spmi_shm_hook" and/or "/tmp/Spmi_shm_hook".

If this doesn't work:

Code:
root@system # ipcs -m    # look for any segments beginning with 0x78
root@system # ipcrm -m <these segments ids>
root@system # slibclean

I hope this helps.

bakunin

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

system monitoring api

Hi all, I am looking for api to get me system monitoring statictics every 5 minutes. I am looking at the following statistics: 1. System CPU Usage 2. Process CPU Usage 3. Process Memory Usage 4. I/O Usage for a certain disk. 5. Process I/O bytes/sec utilization. I have seen very... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uiqbal
4 Replies

2. AIX

AIX system monitoring

Hi All, I am new to administration. can any one pls tell me how can i accomplish the follwoing task in AIX : 1.The overall %CPU used, the %CPU used of each CPU, the overall Real Memory in KB is used, the total Real Memory is installed in the host, the overall Virtual Memory in KB is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text book / online resource for learning to program at system/kernel level

Is there any book/resource that one can refer to, to be able to write programs at kernel/system level.. I'm looking for a programming book that could serve as a guide to write kernel codes / system level programming etc.. I have Tannenbaum's Design and Implementation. It addresses theoretical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
2 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Unix system monitoring

Hi, I am relatively new to Unix. Today I have attended an interview and they asked me below questions (a)How do you monitor Unix system? (b)How do you know every thing is working fine? (c)How do you know if there are any bottle necks? (d)How do you know if any process is hanging and draining... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krdblc
5 Replies

5. AIX

Resource Group Monitoring

Hi, I have a requirement to monitor the HACMP Resource Groups. At present in my environment, if the Resource Groups fail over from preferred node to Secondary node we dont get notification. Can some one help me in creating a scrript. I have more than one RG online. (Max 4 Resource Groups in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srnagu
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

HELP - Resource/Performance Monitoring Script - Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server

Hi all, ------------------------- Linux OS Version/Release: ------------------------- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.5 (Tikanga) Linux <hostname> 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jun 23 10:52:51 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I have a server that hosts 30+ Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

How to install Cacti (a system monitoring and graphing solution) with Nginx?

Here's a short tutorial on installing Cacti with Nginx on Linux. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notblog
0 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

Recording / Monitoring Shell Script Resource Usage.

I need to record min and max resources for RAM, & CPU for each command's execution in a shell script. Maybe going in details I would also be interested to capture plots with resource usage i.e.start to end of individual command with respect to time in a shell script. Please share ideas. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
0 Replies
BOSSKILL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       BOSSKILL(8)

NAME
bosskill - send a signal to your boss, or terminate your boss SYNOPSIS
bosskill [ -signal ] <bossname> DESCRIPTION
bosskill sends the TERM (terminate, 15) signal to the boss with the specified bossname. If a signal name or number preceded by `-' is given as the first argument, that signal is sent instead of terminate. The killed boss must be in the system administrator's supervisory chain. The following is a list of all signals with names as in the include file <signal.h>: SIGHUP 1 hangup. Forces bossname to re-read his/her job description and figure out that he/she knows squat about sysadmin work or life, in general. SIGINT 2 interrupt. Prevents the bossname from interrupting the sysadmin for one hour. SIGQUIT 3 quit. Causes the boss to quit his/her job with no explanation. SIGILL 4 illegal instruction. Makes the boss believe the last instruction he/she gave was illegal, so he/she withdraws it. SIGTRAP 5 trace trap. Display the exact location of the boss. SIGABRT 6 abort. Makes the boss go home and try again tomorrow. SIGKILL 9 kill. Game over. SIGBUS 10 bus error. Boss's transportation fails on the way to work. SIGSEGV 11 segmentation violation. Boss realizes he/she is trying to do something for which he/she is not quailified and stops. SIGSYS 12 bad argument. Boss loses. SIGPIPE 13 smoke pipe. Boss samples some green leafy substance and mellows out. SIGALRM 14 alarm. Boss is startled and falls over. Best used when boss is walking next to his/her boss. SIGTERM 15 termination signal. Boss is fired. BUGS
Sending a SIGABRT to a boss that is already home will cause him/her to walk aimlessly in circles for two hours. HISTORY
Written by Eric L. Pederson <eric@bofh.org.uk>. 27 September 1995 BOSSKILL(8)