Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux root filesystem goes readonly Post 302562688 by verdepollo on Friday 7th of October 2011 05:05:06 PM
Old 10-07-2011
If the disk was in rw mode and it suddently went ro, then I suspect you've hit this bug which is pretty common on RHEL4:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=197158

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounted Root Filesystem

In my Solaris 10 based server, I have noticed the following mounts when a use DF -K /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% / / 5062414 3213876 1797914 65% /net/se420 I understand the first mount because it appears in my vfstab file and is the mount of root that I would expect.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. Linux

/root filesystem size is full

hi in my server ( / ) root filesystem size is full how to reduce the size and what are the files i want to remove. i need answer for linux and AIX also. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chomca
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Move root filesystem to other slice

Hi, df -h display: # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 9.8G 8.1G 1.7G 84% / /proc 0K 0K 0K 0% /proc mnttab 0K 0K 0K 0% /etc/mnttab fd 0K 0K 0K 0% /dev/fd swap 1.0G 152K 1.0G 1% /var/run swap 1.1G 24M 1.0G 3% /tmp /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s3 57G 13G 43G 24%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Root Filesystem

Hi, Can we install root file system on other than 0th slice???? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathiraju_t
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root filesystem filling up!

Hi all. New to the forum and new to Unix admin... / filesystem filled up and I can't find where the large files are. Any help will be apppreciated: # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 8063580 7941745 41200 100% / /proc ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
4 Replies

6. Linux

Encrypt already install root filesystem

All, Is there a way to encrypt my Ubuntu root HD after installation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markdjones82
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Resizing the Root Filesystem

Is it possible to increase the root filesystem size without reboot ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Root Access not working as FileSystem in ReadOnly Mode

Hi Experts I am facing a problem wherein Root Access not working as FileSystem in ReadOnly Mode. Due to a Disk failure, my Filesystem went into Read-Only mode: report@xx> grep root /proc/mounts /dev/root / ext3 ro,data=ordered 0 0 Now, I am not able to login using root user on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navkanwal
5 Replies
SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)				    systemd-remount-fs.service				     SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-remount-fs.service, systemd-remount-fs - Remount root and kernel file systems SYNOPSIS
systemd-remount-fs.service /lib/systemd/systemd-remount-fs DESCRIPTION
systemd-remount-fs.service is an early boot service that applies mount options listed in fstab(5) to the root file system, the /usr file system, and the kernel API file systems. This is required so that the mount options of these file systems -- which are pre-mounted by the kernel, the initial RAM disk, container environments or system manager code -- are updated to those listed in /etc/fstab. This service ignores normal file systems and only changes the root file system (i.e. /), /usr and the virtual kernel API file systems such as /proc, /sys or /dev. This service executes no operation if /etc/fstab does not exist or lists no entries for the mentioned file systems. For a longer discussion of kernel API file systems see API File Systems[1]. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fstab(5), mount(8) NOTES
1. API File Systems https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/APIFileSystems systemd 237 SYSTEMD-REMOUNT-FS.SERVICE(8)