Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sequential numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sequential numbers Post 302562466 by ctsgnb on Friday 7th of October 2011 03:01:13 AM
Old 10-07-2011
@Scruti

Yup ! I've just tested it, this code with tr works fine Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inserting uniq sequential numbers at the start of the file

Hi Unix gurus, I have a file. I need to insert sequential number at the starting of the file. Fields are delimited by "|". I know the starting number. Example: File is as follows |123|4test|test |121|2test|test |x12|1test|test |vd123|5test|test starting number is : 120 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
7 Replies

2. Programming

Reading special characters while converting sequential file to line sequential

We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sequential to line sequential

Hi I have a file sequential way i.e. written in contineous mode and the Record Seperator is AM from which the record is seperated .Now to process I have to make line sequential,and more over record length is not same it varies as per the input address, AM1234563 John Murray 24 Old streeet old... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts (Renaming file names with sequential numbers)

Hi there, Firstly, I have no experience with shell scripts so would really appreciate some help. I have the following shell script that is causing some problems: moveit() { && set -x if then DOUBLE_DELIVERY=$(grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebeno
6 Replies

5. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files in sub directories with sequential numbers

I can rename a file with sequential numbers from 1 to N with this script: num=1 for file in *.dat;do mv "$file" "$(printf "%u" $num).txt" let num=num+1 done The script begins with renaming a some.dat file to 1.dat.txt and goes on sequentially renaming other DAT files to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequential counting

Hi have a file of the following format a1 a1 a2 a2 a4 a4 a4 a3 a3 a5 a6 a6 a6 a6 .. 100's of lines (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] awk solution to add sequential numbers based on a word

Hi experts, I've been struggling to format a large genetic dataset. It's complicated to explain so I'll simply post example input/output $cat input.txt ID GENE pos start end blah1 coolgene 1 3 5 blah2 coolgene 1 4 6 blah3 coolgene 1 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace groups into sequential numbers

I have a file that looks like this: n1 1 n2 1 n3 1 n4 3 n4 3 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n2 5 n3 5 n3 5 n4 6 n7 6 that is a name followed be a descriptive number. I want to make these numbers sequential starting from 0 but without changing the "neighbours" each name belongs to. So the above... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to adjust coordinates in field based on sequential numbers in another field

I am trying to output a tab-delimited result that uses the data from a tab-delimited file to combine and subtract specific lines. If $4 matches in each line then the first matching sequential $6 value is added to $2, unless the value is 1, then the original $2 is used (like in the case of line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
fixadd(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   fixadd(3alleg4)

NAME
fixadd - Safe function to add fixed point numbers clamping overflow. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> fixed fixadd(fixed x, fixed y); DESCRIPTION
Although fixed point numbers can be added with the normal '+' integer operator, that doesn't provide any protection against overflow. If overflow is a problem, you should use this function instead. It is slower than using integer operators, but if an overflow occurs it will set `errno' and clamp the result, rather than just letting it wrap. Example: fixed result; /* This will put 5035 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(5000), itofix(35)); /* Sets `errno' and puts -32768 into `result'. */ result = fixadd(itofix(-31000), itofix(-3000)); ASSERT(!errno); /* This will fail. */ RETURN VALUE
Returns the clamped result of adding `x' to `y', setting `errno' to ERANGE if there was an overflow. SEE ALSO
fixsub(3alleg4), fixmul(3alleg4), fixdiv(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 fixadd(3alleg4)