Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Favourite Games console
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Favourite Games console Post 302561914 by shekhar_4_u on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 01:46:29 PM
Old 10-05-2011
Sega Master System/Mega Drive/Saturn

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

games

i have installed SDL int /opt and i installed a game with pkgadd in /usr/local and when i try to start the game i says: ld.so.1: ./gamename: fatal: libSDL-1.1.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory what should i do (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Games?

So what kind of games we all play? If any? I like RTS, C&C fan here all the way :p (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

use VM to play games in Windows (Intense Games)

I have Ubunut installed on my desktop AMD 6 Core 3.2 (will be getting the bulldozer AMD 8 Core when it releases) 16 GB of DDR3 1333 RAM SSD some HDD's Nvidia 560 ti 1GB My question is, how can I or can I even get a Win 7 VM to play games as well in a main install. Give it 10 GBs of RAM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ochieman2000
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

What is your favourite movie at the moment?

Hi, guys. What is your favourite movie at the moment? Which movie are you watching? I am watching the Thor:) (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tinna
17 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Where Are the Games?

Hi! I'm new to the site, and today I clicked on "Banking", curious as to what that was about. Aside from being able to "buy" things with these points, it appears there are some games available, on which you can wager your points. While I could access the "high scores", I could not find the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
14 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Your favourite computer games....

Hi all, there have been a tremendous evolution in the computer games from games like Tetris or DAVE or Prince of Persia or wolf3d... to Call of Duty or BattleField or tomb raider etc etc so let us know the games which you liked the most.... you can also mention about the gaming rig you... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
32 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Which is your favourite desktop?

Most of the people think that they can not use Unix as desktop. By this poll we gone tell them that we not just use Unix as desktop but also love different display managers like GNOME, KDE etc..... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
35 Replies
console(7D)							      Devices							       console(7D)

NAME
console - STREAMS-based console interface SYNOPSIS
/dev/console DESCRIPTION
The file /dev/console refers to the system console device. /dev/console should be used for interactive purposes only. Use of /dev/console for logging purposes is discouraged; syslog(3C) or msglog(7D) should be used instead. The identity of this device depends on the EEPROM or NVRAM settings in effect at the most recent system reboot; by default, it is the ``workstation console'' device consisting of the workstation keyboard and frame buffer acting in concert to emulate an ASCII terminal (see wscons(7D)). Regardless of the system configuration, the console device provides asynchronous serial driver semantics so that, in conjunction with the STREAMS line discipline module ldterm(7M), it supports the termio(7I) terminal interface. SEE ALSO
syslog(3C), termios(3C), ldterm(7M), termio(7I), msglog(7D), wscons(7D) NOTES
In contrast to pre-SunOS 5.0 releases, it is no longer possible to redirect I/O intended for /dev/console to some other device. Instead, redirection now applies to the workstation console device using a revised programming interface (see wscons(7D)). Since the system console is normally configured to be the work station console, the overall effect is largely unchanged from previous releases. See wscons(7D) for detailed descriptions of control sequence syntax, ANSI control functions, control character functions and escape sequence functions. SunOS 5.10 23 Apr 1999 console(7D)