Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading a property file through shell script??? Post 302561715 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 5th of October 2011 03:54:56 AM
Old 10-05-2011
Code:

. example.properties  # source the example.properties files ( make sure you have . (dot) before the filename)

if [ "$DATA_LOAD" -eq "YES" ]
then
  # do something
else
  #do something
fi

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem printing the property of xml file via shell script

Hi, I have a config.xml which cointains the tags like <CONFIG> <PROPERTY name="port" value="1111"/> <PROPERTY name="dbname" value="ABCDE"/> <PROPERTY name="connectstring" value="xyz/pwd"/> </CONFIG> This file is in some directory at UNix box. I need to write a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeto
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file reading through shell script

For reading a file through shell script I am using yhe code : while read line do echo $line done<data.txt It reads all the line of that file data.txt. Content of data.txt looks like: code=y sql=y total no of sql files=4 a.sql b.sql c.sql d.sql cpp=n c=y total no of c files=1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File reading problem via shell script

Hi, Data file named parameter contains : DB=y Alter_def.sql Create_abc.sql SQL=y database.sql my_data.sql To read this file I use var_sql=$(awk -F= '$1 == "SQL" { print $2 }' parameter.txt) if then sql_f_name=`grep "\.sql" parameter.txt` echo $sql_f_name fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report a missing property and property value mis match script.

Hi All, I have 2 properties files - one is a master templete and other one is a node specific properties file, I need to comapre these 2 properties files and make sure the node Specific properties file contains all the properties in the master temple properties file else report the missing... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayka
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and updating property file

I have to do a read operation for a field in property file, which looks like follows: 123|xyz|datetime|count '|' is delimiter. Finally I managed to read the contents of property file using statement like cut -d"|" -f1 $PROPERTIES_FILE | tr '\n' ' ' <-- Reading first column But now I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshranjanscs
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading arguments for a shell script from file

I have a shell script that takes 2 arguments. I will have to execute this script multiple times with different values for the arguments. for example, ./shscript env1 value1 ./shscript env1 value2 ./shscript env2 value3 ./shscript env3 value4 ./shscript env1 value5 ./shscript env3... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
24 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

C-Shell script help reading from txt file

I need to write a C-Shell script with these properties: It should accept two arguments on the command line. The first argument is the name of a file which contains a list of names, and the second argument is the name of a directory. For each file in the directory, the script should print the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cerce
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script reading file slow

I have shell program as below #!/bin/sh echo ======= LogManageri start ========== #This directory is getting the raw data from remote server Raw_data=/opt/ftplogs # This directory is ready for process the data Processing_dir=/opt/processing_dir # This directory is prcoessed files and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chenchireddy
4 Replies
XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)										XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)

NAME
XmDeactivateProtocol -- A VendorShell function that deactivates a protocol without removing it SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> #include <Xm/Protocols.h> void XmDeactivateProtocol( Widget shell, Atom property, Atom protocol); DESCRIPTION
XmDeactivateProtocol deactivates a protocol without removing it. It updates the handlers and the property if the shell is realized. It is sometimes useful to allow a protocol's state information (callback lists, and so on) to persist, even though the client may choose to tem- porarily resign from the interaction. The main use of this capability is to gray/ungray f.send_msg entries in the MWM system menu. To support this capability, protocol is allowed to be in one of two states: active or inactive. If protocol is active and shell is realized, property contains the protocol Atom. If protocol is inactive, Atom is not present in the property. XmDeactivateWMProtocol is a convenience interface. It calls XmDeactivateProtocol with the property value set to the atom returned by interning WM_PROTOCOLS. shell Specifies the widget with which the protocol property is associated property Specifies the protocol property protocol Specifies the protocol atom For a complete definition of VendorShell and its associated resources, see VendorShell(3). RELATED
mwm(1), VendorShell(3), XmActivateProtocol(3), XmDeactivateWMProtocol(3), and XmInternAtom(3). XmDeactivateProtocol(library call)