Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums Forum Video Tutorial: How to Use Code Tags Post 302560868 by matrixmadhan on Sunday 2nd of October 2011 01:53:43 AM
Old 10-02-2011
Nice idea. Well done ! Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Tutorial forum?

I got this account a while ago and didn't have much time to try it out. After having had some frustration by posting tutorials regarding various Linux activites of mine in my Slashdot journals, it occurred to me that this forum might be better suited. I know I can probably post in the OS specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Video Tutorial for sed and awk

Could anyone help me with the link/URL where I can find the Complete Video Tutorial for SED and AWK (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

nautilus audio/video properties missing tutorial

Since it was a royal pain for me to figure out how to show nautilus audio/video properties I would share this with other people. I KNOW this package does the trick. totem-nautilus This package MAY do the trick. I was reading this. gnome-mplayer-nautilus-1.0.3-1.fc15.x86_64.rpm -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Vue JS 2 Tutorial by The Net Ninja: A Recommended Vue.js Video Tutorial Series

A number of people have asked me how to get started with Vue.js and my reply before today was to Google "Vue.js". That has changed and my recommendation to anyone who wants to learn the fastest growing, easiest to learn and use Vue.js web dev framework is to watch this video tutorial series: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. Programming

Video Tutorial of Linux System Programming with C

Video tutorial of Linux System Programming with C. YouTube - Linux System Programming with C by Indronil Banerjee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vectrum
1 Replies
NICE(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   NICE(1)

NAME
nice, nohup - run a command at low priority (sh only) SYNOPSIS
nice [ -number ] command [ arguments ] nohup command [ arguments ] DESCRIPTION
Nice executes command with low scheduling priority. If the number argument is present, the priority is incremented (higher numbers mean lower priorities) by that amount up to a limit of 20. The default number is 10. The super-user may run commands with priority higher than normal by using a negative priority, e.g. `--10'. Nohup executes command immune to hangup and terminate signals from the controlling terminal. The priority is incremented by 5. Nohup should be invoked from the shell with `&' in order to prevent it from responding to interrupts by or stealing the input from the next per- son who logs in on the same terminal. FILES
nohup.out standard output and standard error file under nohup SEE ALSO
csh(1), setpriority(2), renice(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Nice returns the exit status of the subject command. BUGS
Nice and nohup are particular to sh(1). If you use csh(1), then commands executed with ``&'' are automatically immune to hangup signals while in the background. There is a builtin command nohup which provides immunity from terminate, but it does not redirect output to nohup.out. Nice is built into csh(1) with a slightly different syntax than described here. The form ``nice +10'' nices to positive nice, and ``nice -10'' can be used by the super-user to give a process more of the processor. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 8, 1986 NICE(1)