Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications New Guy looking for a place to start for UNIX Server and n-tier apps Post 302560489 by tokposman on Friday 30th of September 2011 01:52:47 AM
Old 09-30-2011
Nevermind

Smilie no longer need this.

Last edited by tokposman; 09-30-2011 at 10:51 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3d graphics apps for unix/solaris

Hi, I noticed that SUN is selling the Blade 100 workstation for < 1000. I am considering buying one with a high end graphics card for 3D animation/graphics (and also some java development). I am wondering if any relatively inexpensive graphics applications exist for Unix/Solaris machines. Anybody... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eqpfunk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

start dt apps from CLI

I have need of starting the app manager or what ever it is called from the CLI. I can start the text editor and file manger i.e. dtpad, dtfile & dtmail etc... But I have forgotten the command to start the app manager. Help!!!! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you use linux apps on unix

I know its a stupid question... but i cant find anyone that will host on linux for the prices i want. I want to host a game server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sLaeYa^^
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New guy needing help writing a Unix Script

I'm very new with Unix and and am needing assistance in writing a Unix script that will uncompress a dated file then rename it. The script will also need to remove several old files that have a similar naming. The directory that the files reside in is call achdirdep the file that I need uncompress... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlx707
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup apps for Windows server, linux clients?

Hi guys. What would you recommend me a software running on Windows, and it is capable for backing up Windows and Linux (unix is optional) machines? The application should have following features: - Encryption. - Authentication - Open source if possible :) ... I found Amanda, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
1 Replies

6. Solaris

2 apps using same port on a single soalris server

Hi i 've a question is it possible to run 2 instances of an application on same server which uses same port .. , is it possible to do it with logical ip addresses ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to check file and start the informatica server

Hi Rockers, I hope u r dng good one. I have a one question is in unix with informatica . I need a unix script to check whether particular file exists in the folder , If it means we have a informatica server , so we can start the informatica server by accessing that file. Every week we have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukrishnan
0 Replies

8. Web Development

How to pass user credentials between apps on the same server?

I have a wordpress site that authenticates against a local ldap database for users to login. On the same server and domain I have subsonic installed that also authenticates against the same ldap database. The ldap database is firewalled front the outside wall and the internal LAN. I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

UNIX apps on CYGWIN

Hi all, am new to the forum. i would like to check with the community whether anyone had tried to run self-developed UNIX apps on the CYGWIN? Does the CYGWIN presents a friendly environment to host the UNIX apps? thanks :) (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: lchunleo
14 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

UNIX Admin rail roaded to be java/jboss guy for development

Any Unix Admins out there who were tasked with upgrading and maintaining java/jboss installs and possibly related apps? How did it work out? Any tools to allow developers to tweak their java settings, like a console? I just started looking into this, if anyone has experience I'd appreciate... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: allenhibbert
0 Replies
VFS_TIME_AUDIT(8)					    System Administration tools 					 VFS_TIME_AUDIT(8)

NAME
vfs_time_audit - samba vfs module to log slow VFS operations SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = time_audit DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. The time_audit VFS module logs system calls that take longer than the number of milliseconds defined by the variable time_audit:timeout. It will log the calls and the time spent in it. It's kind of comparable with strace -T and is helpful to reveal performance problems with the underlying file and storage subsystems. This module is stackable. OPTIONS
time_audit:timeout = number of milliseconds VFS calls that take longer than the defined number of milliseconds that should be logged. The default is 10000 (10s). EXAMPLES
This would log VFS calls that take longer than 3 seconds: [sample_share] path = /test/sample_share vfs objects = time_audit time_audit:timeout = 3000 VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0.0 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The time_audit VFS module was created with contributions from Abhidnya Chirmule. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 VFS_TIME_AUDIT(8)