Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract Log lines with Thread-(regex) Post 302560242 by sushimatt on Thursday 29th of September 2011 08:57:44 AM
Old 09-29-2011
My example.

Well, The thing is exactly that, I dont get it to return any data. The files have a structure where each line have a thread number and data after it:

2011-09-01 00:05:00,286 9220793 [Thread-17608] DATA DATA DATA.

I simply want the script to return in a line each instance of thread numbers through piping a cat command.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
#2011-09-01 00:05:00,286 9220793 [Thread-17608]
my ($thread) = $_ =~ /\[Thread-\s*(.+?)\]/;
%seen = ();
@threads = ();

while (<STDIN>) {
        if ($_ =~ m/\[Thread-\s*(.+?)\]/) { unless ($seen{$thread}) {
        push (@threads, $thread);
        $seen{$thread}++;
        }}  else {
        $seen{$thread}++;
        }
}
        foreach (@threads) {
        print "$_";
        }

Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl REGEX - How do extract a string in a line?

Hi Guys, In the following line: cn=portal.090710.191533.428571000,cn=groups,dc=mp,dc=rj,dc=gov,dc=br I need to extract this string: portal.090710.191533.428571000 As you can see this string always will be bettween "cn=" and "," strings. Someone know one regular expression to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick-ski
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED With Regex to extract Email Address

Hi Folks, In my program, I have a variable which consists of multiple lines. i need to use each line as an input. My intention is to extract the email address of the user in each line and use it to process further. The email address could be anywhere in the whole line. But there will be only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragz_82
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern,extract value(s) from next line, extract lines having those extracted value(s)

I have hundreds of files to process. In each file I need to look for a pattern then extract value(s) from next line and then search for value(s) selected from point (2) in the same file at a specific position. HEADER ELECTRON TRANSPORT 18-MAR-98 1A7V TITLE CYTOCHROME... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: Extract substring between 2 separator

Hi Input: aa-bb-cc-dd.ee.ff.gg Output: dd I want to get the word after the last '-' until the first dot I have tried with regex lookbehind and lookahead like this: (?<=-).*(?=\.) but his returns too much bb-cc-dd.ee.ff (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you extract (remove) lines from log files?

I use "MineOS" (a linux distro with python scripts and web ui included for managing a Minecraft Server). The author of the scripts is currently having a problem with the Minecraft server log file being spammed with certain entries. He's working on clearing up the spam. But in the meantime, I'm... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get next 3 lines after regex?

HI, Just wanted to get some advice on how i can get the next 3 lines after a regex: Say i have a file which contains something like below: client467 master tcp ether tor0141 4467 query tcp ether tor0141 4467 client468 master tcp ether tor2141 4468 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract whole number or decimal in regex

In the perl below I am trying to extract and print specic values from patterns using multiple regex. One of the patterns AF= may be a whole number or a decimal but I can not seem to capture both. I think it is the regex .*AF=(\d+\.\d+); as it is expecting a #.#### and it may only be a #. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need grep regex to extract multiline text between two strings

I have a file conatining the below: --- 10.9.16.116: /tmp/5835113081224811756.jar: hash: e6df90d38fa86f0e289f73d79cd2cfd2a29954eb /tmp/4603745991442278706.jar: hash: e6df90d38fa86f0e289f73d79cd2cfd2a29954eb 10.9.14.126: /tmp/conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf: hash:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)