Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIS user creation
Operating Systems Solaris NIS user creation Post 302560182 by albator1932 on Thursday 29th of September 2011 05:25:05 AM
Old 09-29-2011
Hi,

You should man the nistbladm command, it should help you doing what you want Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS + adding a new user

I'm setting up NIS+ on Solaris 8 for Intel. None of the books I have explain how to add a new user in the NIS+ envoirnment. Can somebody explain this and are there any url's to get more info. I have populated the nis tables and can do an niscat of the passwd table. There is an nisgrpadd command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: txpjl
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9 NIS user creation issue

Helloo to all... what is the correct way to assign a password to a new NIS user on a NIS master server? When I the following: useradd -s /bin/bash -d /export/home/username -m username The user get created fine but when I try to assign a password I get: #passwd username... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NIS User UID Change

Hi All, I need to change the UID numbers of many NIS users, is there any command to modify the UID in NIS maps ? ( like usermod) so that their file permissions will be same even with their new UID. If not, how to check all the files owned by particular user in a computer and change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RAA
1 Replies

4. Solaris

nis user

my qustion is, nis is centralised server.how to login nis user in client system in console (CDE)login (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

User creation

Hi Thanks in advance. How to create a user without useradd command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krish4linux
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NIS user in local group

I have root access on a linux (RH5.4) server within an NIS setup that I don't control. I have an NIS account that creates directories on my local node that I want to be writable by my local apache account. The NIS account is only a member of the "users" group and the local apache account is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clindseysmith
1 Replies

7. Solaris

create user in NIS+

i want create user in NIS+ with root previligation. Someone please provide full steps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Navkreddy
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Remove NIS user under RHEL

Hi, I can't delete an NIS user. Does it sound too simple for you? :( Here is the result: nis_server# ypcat passwd | grep heisgone heisgone:xxxxxx:1000:200:He is gone:/home/heisgone:/usr/bin/ksh nis_server# userdel heisgone userdel: error deleting password entry userdel: error deleting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Deleting NIS user Solaris 8

ypcat passwd | grep "user" - shows the user userdel "user" says "user does not exist" What am I doing wrong? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
1 Replies
inityp2l(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      inityp2l(1M)

NAME
inityp2l - create NIS (YP) to LDAP configuration files SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/netsvc/yp/inityp2l [-m mapping_file_name] [-c config_file_name] DESCRIPTION
The inityp2l utility assists with creation of the NISLDAPmapping and ypserv files. See NISLDAPmapping(4) andypserv(4). inityp2l examines the NIS maps on a system. and through a dialogue with the user, determines which NIS to (and from) LDAP mappings are required. A NISLDAPmapping file is then created based on this information. The utility asks users about their LDAP server configuration and a ypserv file is created based on this information. The inityp2l utility handles mappings for standard NIS maps and the auto.* series of maps. If requested, it creates default mappings for custom maps, with each map entry represented as a single DIT string. inityp2l does not handle full custom mapping, but if requested, ini- typ2l will insert comments into the NISLDAPmapping file that indicate where these should be added. To write to the NISLDAPmapping or ypserv files is potentially dangerous. inityp2l warns the user and asks for confirmation before: 1. it overwrites either file 2. it writes to the default NISLDAPmapping file location, if this file did not previously exist. This is important because the existence of a file in this location causes NIS components to work NIS to LDAP (N2L) mode when next restarted, rather than to traditional NIS mode. inityp2l assists with rapid creation of a simple N2L configuration files. It is not a general purpose tool for the management of these files. An advanced user who would like to maintain the files or use custom mappings should examine the output of inityp2l and customize it by using a standard text editor. OPTIONS
inityp2l supports the following options: -c Specify the name of the generated ypserv file. The default location is described in FILES. -m Specify the name of the generated NISLDAPmapping file. The default is described in FILES. FILES
/var/yp The directory to be searched for candidate domains (/var/yp/*) and NIS maps (/var/yp/*/*) /var/yp/NISLDAPmapping The default location for the generated NISLDAPmapping file /etc/default/ypserv The default location for the generated ypserv file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWypu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
NISLDAPmapping(4), ypserv(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Apr 2003 inityp2l(1M)