Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl program to simulate Least Recently Loaded paging Post 302559508 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 09:09:07 AM
Old 09-27-2011
Ahh, that's a bit more complex than the usual learning Perl question, at the risk of undoing the learning value of the exercise try the following

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

# In a production system these should be validated before progessing, but for now...
print "Page access: ";
chomp(my @pa=split(/,\s+/,<STDIN>)); # assumes separated by comma and spaces as in your example
print "Frames: ";
chomp(my $frames=<STDIN>);

my @frames; # set up an array to hold an array for each frame. 
for (my$count=0;$count<$frames;$count++){ #Process the array of arrays (see perldoc perlref for details of using array references)
        for (my $index=0;$index<@pa;$index++){ #Deep copying the elements of the Page access into each frame array
                ${$frames[$count]}[$index]=$pa[$index];
        }
        @{$frames[$count]}[0 .. ($count - 1)]=split('',"-"x$count) if $count; #Set the leading irrellevant values to '-'
        for (my $index=$count;$index<@{$frames[$count]};$index+=$frames){ # go through the frame array by whatever frame size we set
                ${$frames[$count]}[$index +2 ] =${$frames[$count]}[$index+1]=$pa[$index];
        }
        #truncate the array at the size of @pa
        @{$frames[$count]}=@{$frames[$count]}[0..(@pa - 1)];
}
#Print out your results
my $count=1;
print "PA:\t",join(' ', @pa),"\n";
for my $frame_array_ref (@frames){
        print " F$count:\t",join(' ', @{$frame_array_ref}),"\n";
        $count++;
}
# I have no idea what the PF line represents, sorry

This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

perl update while script is loaded

Hi All, What will happen to the perl script loaded on the memory if I do perl update? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

I wish to write a Perl program that will provide a listing of files in a directory. The files must be listed in sorted order by the file name. • By default, the program displays only file names. • By default, the program lists the files in the current directory. • The program must provide the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

could i get any help with how to link this program together. i dont know what to put where the X's are print `flush`; thank(); #print thank header use Getopt::Std; # use declaration with the options function getopts("ld:") or usage() and exit; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

5. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

6. Programming

Perl program

Hi I am new to perl, i need to write a program to convert horizontal words to vertical eg: cat, dog, cow,.....(text file) this should be written as 1.cat 2.dog like this. can u pls help me to work out.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting two perl scripts together... triming whitespace off of recently parsed file

Thanks to people's help, I have composed a single line within a .sh script that Ports a file into a csv: perl -p -i -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding a Perl Program

I want to traverse a durectory for a particular file. Situataion is like this. Path is ABC/a/c/g. it has around 100 folders in it. Search a directory which has word "*latest*" in its path. and then from the latest go through z/x/c to file final.html. In total, i want it to go through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemasid
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program

can anyone help me out to write a code by connecting to the sql database and I need to print the list of tables present in the databse. any ideas please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
avisync(1)						      General Commands Manual							avisync(1)

NAME
avisync - adjust audio synchronisation SYNOPSIS
avisync [ -o file -i file -q -n num -b num -a track -f commentfile ] COPYRIGHT
avisync is Copyright (C) by Thomas Oestreich. DESCRIPTION
avisync shift audio on frame basis. OPTIONS
-o name Specify the name of the output file. -i file Specify the name of the input file. -q be less verbose. -n count shift audio by count frames. If count is positive, audio starts with audio frame count at the beginning of the AVI-file. If count is negative, audio is prepended count padding frames. -a track Specify the number of the audio channel to shift. -b num Specify if avisync should write an VBR mp3 header into the AVI file. Default is 1 because it does not hurt. num is either 1 or 0. -f commentfile Read AVI tombstone data for header comments from commentfile. See /docs/avi_comments.txt for a sample. EXAMPLES
The command avisync -i my_file1.avi -o out.avi -n -10 puts 10 audio frames at the beginning of the AVI-file. E.g. if the audio is delayed about 200 ms (0.2 seconds) and you're working with a 25 frames per second AVI-File, you need to shift the audio 200/40 = 5 frames since one frame is 40 ms long. AUTHORS
avisync was written by Thomas Oestreich <ostreich@theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de> with contributions from many others. See AUTHORS for details. SEE ALSO
aviindex(1), avifix(1), avimerge(1), avisplit(1), tccat(1), tcdecode(1), tcdemux(1), tcextract(1), tcprobe(1), tcscan(1), transcode(1) avisync(1) 26th June 2003 avisync(1)