Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl program to simulate Least Recently Loaded paging Post 302559489 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 08:04:02 AM
Old 09-27-2011
Not sure I follow your question, however to emulate a stack you can use the shift and unshift operations (perldoc -f shift to see how it is used)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

perl update while script is loaded

Hi All, What will happen to the perl script loaded on the memory if I do perl update? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

I wish to write a Perl program that will provide a listing of files in a directory. The files must be listed in sorted order by the file name. • By default, the program displays only file names. • By default, the program lists the files in the current directory. • The program must provide the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl program

could i get any help with how to link this program together. i dont know what to put where the X's are print `flush`; thank(); #print thank header use Getopt::Std; # use declaration with the options function getopts("ld:") or usage() and exit; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: livewire06
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Calling compiled C program with Perl program

Long story short: I'm working inside of a Unix SSH under a bash shell. I have to code a C program that generates a random number. Then I have to call the compiled C program with a Perl program to run the C program 20 times and put all the generated random #s into a text file, then print that text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdkirby
1 Replies

5. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

6. Programming

Perl program

Hi I am new to perl, i need to write a program to convert horizontal words to vertical eg: cat, dog, cow,.....(text file) this should be written as 1.cat 2.dog like this. can u pls help me to work out.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting two perl scripts together... triming whitespace off of recently parsed file

Thanks to people's help, I have composed a single line within a .sh script that Ports a file into a csv: perl -p -i -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help regarding a Perl Program

I want to traverse a durectory for a particular file. Situataion is like this. Path is ABC/a/c/g. it has around 100 folders in it. Search a directory which has word "*latest*" in its path. and then from the latest go through z/x/c to file final.html. In total, i want it to go through... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemasid
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program

can anyone help me out to write a code by connecting to the sql database and I need to print the list of tables present in the databse. any ideas please. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl program get a response before the program quits

I created a program, so a kid can practice there math on it. It dispenses varies math problems and the kid must input an answer. I also want it to grade the work they have done, but I can't find the best place for it to print out the grade. I have: if ( $response =~ m/^/ ) { $user_wants_to_quit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: germany1517
1 Replies
XkbKeySymEntry(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS						 XkbKeySymEntry(3)

NAME
XkbKeySymEntry - Returns the keysym corresponding to shift level shift and group grp from the two-dimensional array of keysyms for the key corresponding to keycode SYNOPSIS
KeySym XkbKeySymEntry macro ( xkb, keycode, shift, grp ) XkbDescPtr xkb; KeyCode keycode; int shift; int grp; ARGUMENTS
- xkb Xkb description of interest - keycode keycode of interest - shift shift level of interest - grp group of interest DESCRIPTION
The key width and number of groups associated with a key are used to form a small two-dimensional array of KeySyms for a key. This array may be different sizes for different keys. The array for a single key is stored as a linear list, in row-major order. The arrays for all of the keys are stored in the syms field of the client map. There is one row for each group associated with a key and one column for each level. The index corresponding to a given group and shift level is computed as: idx = group_index * key_width + shift_level The offset field of the key_sym_map entry for a key is used to access the beginning of the array. XkbKeySymEntry returns the keysym corresponding to shift level shift and group grp from the two-dimensional array of keysyms for the key corresponding to keycode. X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbKeySymEntry(3)