Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Get values from different columns from file2 when match values of file1 Post 302559465 by polineni on Tuesday 27th of September 2011 06:46:20 AM
Old 09-27-2011
@ cgkaml

question is not clear for me. please map the answer correctly

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match value from file1 in file2

Hi, i've two files (file1, file2) i want to take value (in column1) and search in file2 if the they match print the value from file2. this is what i have so far. awk 'FILENAME=="file1"{ arr=$1 } FILENAME=="file2" {print $0} ' file1 file2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myguess21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search values between ranges in File1 within File2

Hi people, I have 2 files, one with a list of non consecutive ranges (File1.txt), where each range begins with the value in column 1 and finishes with the value in column 2 in the same line, as can be seen above. 215312581156279 215312581166279 215312582342558 215312582357758... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: read values from file1; search for values in file2

I have read another post about this issue and am wondering how to adapt it to my own, much simpler, issue. I have a file of user IDs like so: 333333 321321 546465 ...etc I need to take each number and use it to print records wherein the 5th field matches the user ID pulled from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bubnoff
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines in file1 with values from file2

Hello, I have two data files: file1 12345 aa bbb cccc 98765 qq www uuuu 76543 pp rrr bbbbb 34567 nn ccc sssss 87654 qq ppp rrrrr file2 98765 34567 I need to remove the lines from file1 if the first field contains a value that appears in file2: output 12345 aa bbb cccc 76543 pp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match one column of file1 with that of file2

Hi, I have file1 like this aaa ggg ddd vvv eeeand file2 aaa 2 aaa 443 xxx 76 aaa 34 ggg 33 wee 99 ggg 33 ddd 1 ddd 10 ddd 98 sds 23 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search field2 in file2 using range of fields file1 and using match to another field in file1

I am trying to use awk to find all the $2 values in file2 which is ~30MB and tab-delimited, that are between $2 and $3 in file1 which is ~2GB and tab-delimited. I have just found out that I need to use $1 and $2 and $3 from file1 and $1 and $2of file2 must match $1 of file1 and be in the range... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mapping the values of ids of two columns of file1 from file2

I have of two space separated files: ==> File1 <== PT|np_496075.1 st|K92748.1 st|K89648.1 PT|np_001300561.1 PT|np_497284.1 st|K90752.1 st|K90279.1 PT|np_740775.1 PT|np_497749.1 st|K90752.1 st|K92038.1 PT|np_490856.1 PT|np_497284.1 st|K90752.1 st|K88095.1 PT|np_494764.1 ==> File 2 <==... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to look up values in File 2 from File 1, & printingNth field of File1 based value of File2 $2

I have two files which are the output of a multiple choice vocab test (60 separate questions) from 104 people (there are some missing responses) and the question list. I have the item list in one file (File1) Item,Stimulus,Choice1,Choice2,Choice3,Choice4,Correct... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match file1 and extract specific tag values

File2 is tab-delimeted and I am trying to use $2 in file1 (space delimeted) as a search term in file2. If it is found then the AF= in and the FDP= values from file2 are extracted and printed next to the file1 line. I commented the awk before I added the lines in bold the current output resulted. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)