Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trouble Setting Up Sun Ultra 10 - Displaying Garbage Post 302558933 by frhan2u on Monday 26th of September 2011 12:40:27 AM
Old 09-26-2011
Thanks for the prompt reply!

If you look at the image file I attached, you will see that I have a USB to serial cable already. Is it the same as a null modem cable? (as my laptop doesn't have a serial out/vga out) I mean, I can attach the serial end of it to the B port on server and USB end to laptop, will that do? Or do I have to get a null modem cable anyway?

Also, for the past 10 hours having trouble with this USB to serial cable, not being picked up by my Windows 7 anymore (used to work fine!) so have ordered one more; and when that comes in will try to connect it to B port of server ( is that what you meant? coz I was connecting it to the DB25 port of the server before by using a DB25 to RJ45 adapter )

Many thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun Ultra 2 Solaris 8

Sparc Ultra2: Notes prtdiag: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Ultra 2 UPA/SBus (2 X UltraSPARC-II 296MHz) System clock frequency: 99 MHz Memory size: 768 Megabytes ========================= CPUs ========================= Run Ecache CPU CPU... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

sun ultra or sun sparkstation

am wonder wich sun computer is better, a sun ultra or sun sparkstation, and what is the difference (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nobody
7 Replies

3. Solaris

sun ultra

Hi Guys, I have a 2nd hand Sun ultra-5, I wanted to know how to be able to run it as a normal window. I do not have any experience whatsoever with solaris/unix. Does anyone can give me a clue where to start. When I switch it goes to: unix console login: pa$$word: #UNIX sendmail : enable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lingosa
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble getting serial output from Ultra 10

Hi, Iam trying to get make a serial connection to an Ultra 10 from my laptop. I've set the output to goto ttya in the nvram parameters. Iam using a db9 converter at the laptop end and a db25 converter at the ultra 10 end-I know the adapters are fine and so is the cable. Iam just not able to get it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pulse77
3 Replies

5. Solaris

sun ultra 10 monitor

hi all, it seem hard to see on a regular monitor the ultra 10 converter to rgb so that it can go to a pc monitor. do u know how can i fix the monitor properly? it's not easy to see on the monitor there's so many lines. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

LOM on SUN ultra 10

Hi experts is it possible to install lom on sun ultra 10 box? can you guys help me in undertanding lom as i tried goggling , couldn't get good stuff. Please :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting and displaying variables

Hello, I need a little help. 1. Edit /etc/profile so that all users are greeted upon login. 2. For the root account, set the prompt to something like "Danger!! root is doing stuff in \w", preferably in a bright color such as red or pink or in reverse video mode. Thanks for help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

dhcp not setting dns and changing to garbage

I have 2 problems. Dhcp is not setting dns and after I manually set my dns it changes to garbage. I literally just used command to set dns which is a good copy of resolv.conf: sudo cp /home/bob/Desktop/scripts_9-12-2011/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.confHere is a copy of my resolv.conf. #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble displaying parameters passed into a for loop

#!/bin/bash function check_num_args() { if ; then echo "Please provide a file name" else treat_as_file $* fi } function treat_as_file() { numFiles=$# for((i=1;i<=$numFiles;i++));do echo $i ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikilahooch
3 Replies
UFTDI(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  UFTDI(4)

NAME
uftdi -- USB support for serial adapters based on the FT8U100AX and FT8U232AM chips SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uftdi device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uftdi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uftdi driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the FTDI FT2232C, FT8U100AX and FT8U232AM chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uftdi driver supports the following adapters: o B&B Electronics USB->RS422/485 adapter o Elexol USB MOD1 and USB MOD3 o HP USB-Serial adapter shipped with some HP laptops o Inland UAS111 o QVS USC-1000 o Buffalo PC-OP-RS / Kurouto-shikou KURO-RS universal remote o Prologix GPIB-USB Controller SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uftdi driver appeared in FreeBSD 4.8 from NetBSD 1.5. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD