Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Desktop vs Windows 8
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Linux Desktop vs Windows 8 Post 302558381 by jgt on Friday 23rd of September 2011 12:09:12 PM
Old 09-23-2011
Linux Desktop vs Windows 8

Any comments on this Windows 8 OEM specs may block Linux booting | ITworld

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

to put the unix script output on windows desktop

Hi could you pls guide a to automate that unix script output is avaialble on desktop.i can FTP and then download but i want to automate it. rgds (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Assassin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX , unix ftp to windows desktop

Hi guys, i want to know if i can make a script to ftp or sftp files from the unix box to my windows desktop or c: drive. I log into the server through Putty, once in the server i run a script which makes a file called disk.log every 30 minutes. i then have to manually copy it to the computer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanj
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to execute script from my desktop windows xp to my HPUX server?

Good day, i would like to get some advice, how will i execute my script in hp ux servers, and how to configure rsh and rexec. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

ssh client and Windows remote Desktop

Dear All , I want to Access my office computer form the home. The enviourment is like the following : 1- From my home I connect for the office via VPN connection to Unix server lets say it's IP is 11.11.11.11 and till now every thing is OK and I can access the machine normally . 2- In my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
3 Replies

6. SCO

How to export file from terminal to Windows desktop

I have a file in Unix terminal under $, any command can make this file to be transferred to Windows desktop or C:\, I know that I can use software like FileZilla ftp to transfer file from Unix terminal to desktop. But I am really interested in using command to do this job. anyone knows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wendyz
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Get file on our windows desktop from a ubuntu server

Hello, How can I please have a program automatically upload some files from a ubuntu server to my machine desktop that is running windows XP? I would like to be able to do that from the windows machine itself. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting started with windows and screens without desktop environment

Hi there, Hope the title is sufficiently self explaining. I have no idea how to start and where to start. I don't even know what keywords to google for. I need to build a machine : based on Debian without desktop environment with a quite powerful multi-monitor graphic card able to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp to get a file from windows desktop to UNIX server

Hi, I want to use scp to upload file to my unix server. i am using this: scp D:\testr.txt unixuser@unixhost:/path it returns an error: ssh: D: host/servname not known i am not sure how to tell path of my D drive in the command and how will command understand it has to pick from my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kohli
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Navigate to Windows Desktop?

I want to use my Desktop for saving files of my codes. Looking for Desktop in my OS (C : ) and couldn't find it anywhere. Is it possible to navigate to your desktop? If so how? By the way, I am using Cygwin. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DyslexicChciken
6 Replies
HWND(3TK)						       Tk Library Procedures							 HWND(3TK)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetHWND, Tk_AttachHWND - manage interactione between the Windows handle and an X window SYNOPSIS
#include <tkPlatDecls.h> HWND Tk_GetHWND(window) Window Tk_AttachHWND(tkwin, hwnd) ARGUMENTS
Window window (in) X token for window. Tk_Window tkwin (in) Tk window for window. HWND hwnd (in) Windows HWND for window. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetHWND returns the Windows HWND identifier for X Windows window given by window. Tk_AttachHWND binds the Windows HWND identifier to the specified Tk_Window given by tkwin. It returns an X Windows window that encapsulates the HWND. KEYWORDS
identifier, window ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 8.0 HWND(3TK)