Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Zones not booting after server reboot Post 302558094 by jlliagre on Thursday 22nd of September 2011 05:15:46 PM
Old 09-22-2011
What says:
Code:
svcs -xv zones

?
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Booting Up Servers from the Terminal Server.

All, I have a problem with booting up of servers. I am involved in application programming(Perl/Shell), but don't have much hardware knowledge about the Sun Solaris Server's we use. Our Development Servers are located at a remote place from the Development Centre. Every time there is a Power... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris containers/zones reboot order

Hi, I'm running containers/zones on Solaris 10: SunOS be2900 5.10 Generic_118833-33 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12 zoneadm list -vc gives: ID NAME STATUS PATH 0 global running / 1 bvsmapp01 running /zones/bvsmapp01 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Which zones will be up on reboot ?

Hey there, I m writing a system managament tool, which for Solaris-land, will have functionality to check currently up zones, compare with those up at the "last good system reference point ", and also find out which zones will be up on a system reboot. dumpadm list -v gives me the current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriyer
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Server is not booting

I have setup NIS+ server and Client on my server and after I reboot. It is not booting. What may be the problem? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Server: loop while booting

Hello Everyone, First: English is not my native language, sorry. I was given today on the work of a SUN Enterprse 220r, then I was going to install Debian-sparc, but the server remains in the boot process in a loop of the Fork interpreter depends (begin to load with power-up) starts the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snap
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun E420R server not booting

Hi all, I am getting boot time message for sun E420R server. I need urgent help. Hardware Power ON CPU Offline (not present) Master CPU : 0000.0001.0055.11a0 CPU Offline (not present) CPU Offline (not present) Master E$ : 0000.0000.0040.0000 Button Power ON (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PUSHPARAJA
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Zones are not booting

Hi Can any on help me Zones are not booting showing installed state ---------- Post updated at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:38 PM ---------- ave5ubab ---------- Post updated at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:39 PM ---------- abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upender
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Server not booting into OS

Hello I have an old sun fire v250 server that I am trying to revive. I am trying to boot it from cdrom to install the OS (Solaris 10). The original data in the disk is corrupt and I am trying to do a new clean install. However I encounter the following errors. Does it look like the disk itself... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: br1an
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Validate mountpoints on solaris server after server reboot

Hi, anyone please let us know how to write shell script to find the missing mountpoints after server reboot. i want to take the mountpount information before server reboot, and validate the mountpoints after server reboot if any missing.please let us know the shell script from begining to end as... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkatReddy786
24 Replies

10. Solaris

Lot of services in non-global zones, in uninitialized after reboot

Hello, This is Solaris-10 server, running with 4 non-global zones. This server was hung today and I had to reboot it forcefully from console. Then root file-system was not clean and I had to run fsck from failsafe mode. After it came back in run-level-3, lot of services are showing in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)