Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Diff command with databases
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Diff command with databases Post 302557882 by eshalife on Thursday 22nd of September 2011 10:07:36 AM
Old 09-22-2011
Diff command with databases

How can we compare query results from different databases using Unix diff command from command-line in Ab Initio tool?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff command

Hi, I have 2 files i would like to have a DIFF command: 1.Marks differences between files or 2.Mentions just the differences Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilead29
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff command

All, How to exclude a directory while diff execution? For ex: To exclude file which we don't want to see diff, we have -x <filename>. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vichu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in diff command :

i have 2 file named test1,test2 contents of test1: 1 2 3 --------------------------- contents of test2: 1 2 3 4 5 -------------------------------------------------------- my desired o/p should be: diff test2 test1 4 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
5 Replies

4. AIX

diff command

hello i've two files. how i get the diff between the two files to new file. thanks best regards ariec (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff command

Is there any option for the diff command (or maybe an entirely different command) that will give you only the text that differs between two files? When I use diff file1 file2, if any text on that line differs from one file to the next it'll print out the entire line. I'd like to see only the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: red baron
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff command help

Hi all diff file1 file 2 command will give us op of diff between two file. But it aslo give its position and sign "<" or ">". I dont want position and sign in op. Only diff of content should be come as op. Kindly help me for this. Regards Jaydeep (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re:using the diff command

Hi Guys I have a situation where I would like to use the diff command but I would like to see "number" of differences and than send it through and if statement and than view the difference if greater than 1. Eg. diff file1 file2 > than gives the "number" and I than say - if number >1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prega
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

One-way diff command?

Hello, I am trying to find the different files between multiple directories in Linux, here is a small assumption of what is inside the directories dir1 dir2 dir3 1.txt 1.txt 1.txt 2.txt 3.txt 3.txt 5.txt 4.txt 5.txt 6.txt 7.txt 8.txt I am using the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with diff command

Platform :Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : bash In the below sample, although the lines in a.txt and b.txt are jumbled up, there is only one difference : b.txt has an extra line NETHERLANDS $ cat a.txt SPAIN NORTH KOREA PORTUGAL GERMANY SYRIA $ $ $ cat b.txt GERMANY NORTH KOREA SPAIN... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff command for other filetypes

Hello, I have two .odt files extensions and I tried running diff command like this $ diff A_old.odt A.odt It just returns this output, that they are different but doesnt tell me where they are different Binary files A_old.odt and A.odt differ so does diff command work only if the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram
1 Replies
DIFF(1) 							   User Commands							   DIFF(1)

NAME
slack-diff - compare file contents, modes, etc SYNOPSIS
slack-diff [OPTION]... FILE1 FILE2 DESCRIPTION
A wrapper for diff that displays file modes and other metadata changes. -u -U NUM --unified[=NUM] Tell diff(1) to use unified output format. --diff PROG Use this program for diffing, instead of diff. --fakediff Make a fake diff for file modes and other things that are not file contents. Default is on, can be disabled with --nofakediff. -r --recursive Recursively compare any subdirectories found. -N --new-file Treat missing files as empty. Default is on, can be disabled with --nonew-file. --unidirectional-new-file Treat only missing files in the first directory as empty. --from-file Treat arguments as a list of files from which to read filenames to compare, two lines at a time. -0 --null Use NULLs instead of newlines as the separator in --from-file mode. --devnullhack You have a version of diff that can't deal with -N when not in recursive mode, so we need to feed it /dev/null instead of the miss- ing file. Default is on, can be disabled with --nodevnullhack. --version Output version info. --help Output this help. FILES are `FILE1 FILE2' or `DIR1 DIR2' or `DIR FILE...' or `FILE... DIR'. If --from-file or --to-file is given, there are no restrictions on FILES. If a FILE is `-', read standard input. SEE ALSO
diff(1) diffutils 2.8.1 April 2002 DIFF(1)