Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat What is the best tools for performance data gathering and analysis? Post 302557490 by devyfong on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 10:14:35 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Any have tried sysstat or dstat and have successful case? I'm wondering if I could get the more readable report from those tools.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

I/O Performance Tools

In lieu of not having filemon (AIX 5100-09) does anyone have have any recomendations of freeware I can get to analyze an I/O issue on my AIX box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capeme
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data gathering script

I am pretty new at shell scripting, but I managed to make a primative shell script to connect from my webserver (bluehost) to an external data server via ftp or sftp or whatever I need. This script is : #!/bin/sh HOST='ftp.host.com' USER='username' PASSWD='password' FILE='file' ftp -n... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesoeast
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gathering data from complex/large dataspreads .txt format

Hi, I'm working on gathering information stored in .txt files. The format of the data within the .txt files is shown in the picture uploaded with this post. Sections like the one pictured are repeated (with different data, same format) many times within each .txt file but each section is of data... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p43hd
4 Replies

4. Linux

Routing table vulnerability comparison between two versions and analysis of performance in a scenari

Hi Routing tables in a typical linux kernel are implemented using hash data structures. So if the hash table is forced to behave more like a linked list(i.e create chaining) the purpose of using hash is defeated and time complexity increases. I want to try to assess the performance deterioration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolvaibhav
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gathering data using SAR

Hi everyone, I would like to ask if it is possible to gather SAR data on a specified time. let say yesterdays report, i want to get data at around 12PM and 5PM. thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Performance analysis sed vs awk

Hi Guys, I've wondered for some time the performance analysis between using sed and awk. say i want to print lines from a very large file. For ex say a file with 100,000 records. i want to print the lines 25,000 to 26,000 i can do so by the following commands: sed -n '25000,26000 p'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
11 Replies

7. AIX

Code analysis tools for C programs

Hi I need a list of code analysis tools for C programs, that can work on AIX environment such as : dynamic or static code analysis Code Complexity Measures Test Coverage Analyzer Unit tests profiling tools Source code formatter I've found several tools but not compatible with AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gathering data in columns from multiple files

Hello world! I need to gather all the data from different folders and copy it in an one unique text file in columns format. Let me explain, letīs say "a, b, c" are 3 data files of thousands and thousands lines (in the reality, I have nearly one hundred). "a, b, c" are located in the folders... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: user10600
5 Replies
PMDASAMBA(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDASAMBA(1)

NAME
pmdasamba - Samba performance metrics domain agent (PMDA) DESCRIPTION
pmdasamba is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from Samba, a Windows SMB/CIFS server for UNIX. In order for values to be made available by this PMDA, Samba must have been built with profiling support (WITH_PROFILE in "smbd -b" output). This PMDA dynamically enumerates much of its metric hierarchy, based on the contents of "smbstatus --profile". When the agent is installed (see below), the Install script will attempt to enable Samba statistics gathering, using "smbcontrol --profile". INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the samba performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba # ./Remove pmdasamba is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. FILES
$PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Install installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/samba/Remove undo installation script for the pmdasamba agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/samba.log default log file for error messages from pmdasamba SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), smbd(1) and samba(7). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDASAMBA(1)