Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Softlink Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Softlink Issue Post 302557468 by vbe on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 09:18:37 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Did you try from /oracle/UD1 to
Code:
cd sapdata1

yet?
What do you see?

Last edited by vbe; 09-21-2011 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: taking account of last modif...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions on PATH env havinf softlink

I have a question regarding the PATH environment on SunOS. I am setting the PATH as - export PATH=$PATH:/bin and /bin has a softlink as lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Oct 1 2004 /bin -> ./usr/bin So, will this path will work for the bin having the softlink? Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgr3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Hi, I have a shell scripting. This will take 7 digit number in each line and add 7 digit number with next subsequent lines ( normal addition ). Eg: 0000001 0000220 0001235 0000022 0000023 ........... ......... ........ Like this i am having around 1500000 records. After adding... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
23 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10- cant create softlink

bash-3.00# ln -s /lib /usr/lib ln: cannot create /usr/lib/lib: File exists bash-3.00# (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi all please help me in this issue.

Hi all, I am very new to shell scripting.I have the requirement like one program is there, if it is running leave like that only and if it is stopped it has to be restart and once again keep watching and it is stopped we a have to restart once agian.I want a shell script for this.Please help me... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE and ISSUE.NET files

In LINUX(CentOS, RedHat) is there a way to have the banner statement appear before the logon instead of after the logon? In UNIX and Windows the banner appears before a person actually logs on, what I'm seeing in LINUX is that it appears after the login(ftp, telnet, SSH). Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejjones
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to identify a link whether it is a Hardlink or Softlink

i am new to UNIX environment please tell me how to identify a link whether it is a Hardlink or Softlink ? what is the command? thank you all .......:o:o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasith90
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with a file issue and a terminal issue

Hello everyone, I'm in need of some assistance. I'm currently enrolled in an introductory UNIX shell programming course and, well halfway through the semester, we are receiving our first actual assignment. I've somewhat realized now that I've fallen behind, and I'm working to get caught up, but for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrMagoo22
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Softlink directory name not working on SUN

I am facing a peculiar problem on SUN machine. There is a soft link pointing to a directory. And there is a shell script inside this soft link which is trying to get the directory name from where this script is being executed. NAME="$(cd $(dirname $0); pwd)" I want to fetch the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirthankar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Softlink problem

Hi there is a file 'linkk' and i have created a softlink for it in another directory. $ pwd /home/guest/khare $ ln -s linkk /home/guest/khare/AWK/done now under AWk dir i can see that the softlink is created. $ pwd /home/guest/khare/AWK $ ls -lrt *done lrwxr-xr-x 1 khare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies
asadmin(1M)						    Application Server Utility						       asadmin(1M)

NAME
asadmin - utility for performing administrative tasks for the Sun Java System Application Server SYNOPSIS
asadmin subcommand [-short_option[short_option_argument]]* [--long_option[long_option_argument]]* [operand]* Use the asadmin utility to perform any administrative task for the Sun Java System Application Server. You can use this utility in place of using the Administration Console. The subcommand identifies the operation or task you wish to perform. Subcommands are case-sensitive. Short option arguments have a single dash (-); while long option arguments have two dashes (--). Options modify how the utility performs a subcommand. Options are also case- sensitive. Most options require argument values except boolean options which toggle to switch a feature ON or OFF. Operands appear after the argument values, and are set off by a space, a tab, or double dashes (--). The asadmin utility treats anything that comes after the options and their values as an operand. Local subcommands can be executed without the presence of an administration server. However, it is required that the user be logged into the machine hosting the domain in order to execute the subcommand and have access (permissions) for the installation and domain directo- ries. Remote subcommands are always executed by connecting to an administration server and executing the subcommand there. A running administra- tion server is required. All remote subcommands require the following options: -u --user authorized domain application server administrative username. -w --password password to administer the domain application server. -H --host machine name where the domain application server is running. -p --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. -s --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. -t --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. -e --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. -I --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. For security purposes, you can set the password for a subcommand from a file instead of entering the password at the command line. The --passwordfile option takes the file containing the passwords. The valid contents for the file are: AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=value AS_ADMIN_ADMINPASSWORD=value AS_ADMIN_USERPASSWORD=value Given the --passwordfile option and its value, the password options in the passwordfile are exported to the global environment; subsequent subcommands without the password options take this value. However, if both the --password and --passwordfile options are specified on the command line, the password value in the passwordfile is exported to the global environment and subsequent subcommands without the --pass- word option would take this value. However, for the current subcommand, the --password option value specified on the command line is taken since the --password option takes precedence over the --passwordfile option. To use the --secure option, you must use the set command to enable the security--enabled flag in the admin http-listener in the domain.xml. When you use the asadmin subcommands to create and/or delete, you must restart the server for the newly created command to take affect. Use the start-domain command to restart the server. Some characters, such as the colon (:), the asterisk (*), and the backslash(, cause errors if you use them in the command syntax unless you use escape characters to set them off. The possibilities for using escape characters vary depending upon what platform you use and whether you use singlemode or multimode. You do not need to use escape characters for colons in the get or set commands. On UNIX, in singlemode, you can use either two backslashes () or double-quotes (" ") to escape restricted characters. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with an option whose value includes colons, you could use backslashes (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@asperfsol8:1521:V8i:user=staging_lookup_app:password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup To use quotes in the same example as above, you would enclose the value in double quotes (") and escape the double quotes with the back- slash. asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url= word=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On windows, in singlemode, you can escape using the backslash character. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with an option whose value includes colons, you could use backslashes (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url=jdbcoraclethin@asperfsol81521V8i:user=staging_lookup_app:pas sword=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On any platform, in singlemode, you can use backslashes to escape the character and enclose the value containing the escaped characters in double quotes. For example, when creating a JDBC connection pool with a option whose value includes colons, you could use the escape char- acters as follows (example assumes the environment variables have been set for some properties): asadmin create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url="jdbcoraclethin@iasperfsol81521V8i":user=staging_lookup_app: password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup On any platform, in multimode, you can use the following syntax, which only requires quotes, not slashes or backslashes: asadmin> create-jdbc-connection-pool --datasourceclassname oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource --failconnection=true --isconnectvali- datereq=true --property url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@asperfsol8:1521:V8i":user=staging_lookup_app:password=staging_lookup_app OraclePoollookup To access the manpages for the Application Server Command-line interface subcommands, add $AS_INSTALL/man to your MANPATH environment vari- able. You can obtain overall usage information for any of the asadmin utility subcommands by invoking the --help option. If you specify a sub- command, the usage information for that subcommand is displayed. Using the help option without a subcommand displays a listing of all the available subcommands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ appclient(1M), package-appclient(1M) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin(1M)