Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Softlink Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Softlink Issue Post 302557465 by buddy1 on Wednesday 21st of September 2011 09:16:38 AM
Old 09-21-2011
Hi,

I am not aware,some one else has done it in the past,Is there any way to check if the files under sapdata1 is being written to /oracle/UD1/sapdata1 or /oracle/UD1/orarch/sapdata1? when I do ls -l on /oracle/UD1 the output is

lrwxrwxrwx 1 oraud1 dba 28 Oct 29 2010 sapdata2 -> /oracle/UD1/oraarch/sapdata2

---------- Post updated at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:14 AM ----------

Please ignore my earlier comment.the out put is

lrwxrwxrwx 1 oraud1 dba 28 Oct 29 2010 sapdata1 -> /oracle/UD1/oraarch/sapdata1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions on PATH env havinf softlink

I have a question regarding the PATH environment on SunOS. I am setting the PATH as - export PATH=$PATH:/bin and /bin has a softlink as lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Oct 1 2004 /bin -> ./usr/bin So, will this path will work for the bin having the softlink? Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgr3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Arithmatic operation issue , datatype issue

Hi, I have a shell scripting. This will take 7 digit number in each line and add 7 digit number with next subsequent lines ( normal addition ). Eg: 0000001 0000220 0001235 0000022 0000023 ........... ......... ........ Like this i am having around 1500000 records. After adding... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
23 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 10- cant create softlink

bash-3.00# ln -s /lib /usr/lib ln: cannot create /usr/lib/lib: File exists bash-3.00# (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi all please help me in this issue.

Hi all, I am very new to shell scripting.I have the requirement like one program is there, if it is running leave like that only and if it is stopped it has to be restart and once again keep watching and it is stopped we a have to restart once agian.I want a shell script for this.Please help me... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISSUE and ISSUE.NET files

In LINUX(CentOS, RedHat) is there a way to have the banner statement appear before the logon instead of after the logon? In UNIX and Windows the banner appears before a person actually logs on, what I'm seeing in LINUX is that it appears after the login(ftp, telnet, SSH). Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejjones
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to identify a link whether it is a Hardlink or Softlink

i am new to UNIX environment please tell me how to identify a link whether it is a Hardlink or Softlink ? what is the command? thank you all .......:o:o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasith90
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need assistance with a file issue and a terminal issue

Hello everyone, I'm in need of some assistance. I'm currently enrolled in an introductory UNIX shell programming course and, well halfway through the semester, we are receiving our first actual assignment. I've somewhat realized now that I've fallen behind, and I'm working to get caught up, but for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MrMagoo22
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Softlink directory name not working on SUN

I am facing a peculiar problem on SUN machine. There is a soft link pointing to a directory. And there is a shell script inside this soft link which is trying to get the directory name from where this script is being executed. NAME="$(cd $(dirname $0); pwd)" I want to fetch the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirthankar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Softlink problem

Hi there is a file 'linkk' and i have created a softlink for it in another directory. $ pwd /home/guest/khare $ ln -s linkk /home/guest/khare/AWK/done now under AWk dir i can see that the softlink is created. $ pwd /home/guest/khare/AWK $ ls -lrt *done lrwxr-xr-x 1 khare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
2 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching, fortune - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] /usr/games/fortune DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the Unix oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. CHING(6)