Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bind keys using unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bind keys using unix Post 302557084 by vbe on Tuesday 20th of September 2011 11:20:53 AM
Old 09-20-2011
Usually aliases is for command shotcuts as for the first example of corona688 (Thanks BTW for joining, Im hopeless when I see csh...)
so if it just to display some string (a suite of char or words...) the command would be echo
This to say, what are you trying to do, for just displaying on your screen seems silly to me I am sure you want it for something else...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arrow keys / special keys

how to use the arrow keys in shell scripting. is there any special synatax / command for this. i just want to use the arrow keys for navigation. replies appreciated raguram R (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding MS 2000 FSMO Roles to Unix Bind

In a Windows 2000 active directory environment (using Unix DNS), is it possible to create entries in Unix Bind to point Microsoft Workstations to specific Microsoft servers, depending on their Microsoft FSMO roles (i.e. Domain Naming Master, PDC Emulator, RID, Infrastructure Master)? In other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: breffkin
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how do I get my arrow keys to work for looking thru my PREVIOUS UNIX COMMANDS

how do I make my arrow keys behave like they are on DOS. ALSO i need editing on command promt like it is on DOS on my UNIX prompt can anyone help pl.. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: spotnis
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set the public keys up correctly for a migration from an HP-UNIX server to I

I am getting the error message "Permission denied (publickey). lost connection" when I attempt to do an scp migration. I know how to generate the public keys in both IIS and UNIX, and I believe they are both suppose to have the same public key - but where are they each suppose to be stored (I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whs2k
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp from unix to windows using keys

I'm working on setting up an automated script on a unix server to secure ftp (get) a file from a remote host which is a windows server with Vshell . I understand in order for the paswword-less authentication to work , I need to copy the authorization keys of our server(Solaris) to the remote host... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thrashers
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are public keys in ssh and how do we create the public keys??

Hi All, I am having knowledge on some basics of ssh and wanted to know what are the public keys and how can we create and implement it in connecting server. Please provide the information for the above, it would be helpful for me. Thanks, Ravindra (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi3cha
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP - UNIX to Windows without keys

When I try to SFTP from our UNIX box to an outside vendor using passwords - no keys, I am immediately get disconnected. We have the FIREWALL open because I get prompted for the password. Here's the error: sftp userid@sftp.test.com Connecting to sftp.test.com... userid@sftp.test.com's... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't bind to IP

When you get the message can't bind to ip already in use. is there a command to search to see everything that is using that IP? I've already check the host and hostname files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mchelle_99
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bind

Hi All I need to do bind of exiting filesystem to new storage allocated mount --bind /prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/test echo "/prod/OpenCSS /var/lib/pgsql bind bind 0 0" >> /etc/fstab will this command just work ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil529
2 Replies
K5SRVUTIL(1)							   MIT Kerberos 						      K5SRVUTIL(1)

NAME
k5srvutil - host key table (keytab) manipulation utility SYNOPSIS
k5srvutil operation [-i] [-f filename] DESCRIPTION
k5srvutil allows an administrator to list or change keys currently in a keytab or to add new keys to the keytab. operation must be one of the following: list Lists the keys in a keytab showing version number and principal name. change Uses the kadmin protocol to update the keys in the Kerberos database to new randomly-generated keys, and updates the keys in the keytab to match. If a key's version number doesn't match the version number stored in the Kerberos server's database, then the operation will fail. Old keys are retained in the keytab so that existing tickets continue to work. If the -i flag is given, k5srvutil will prompt for confirmation before changing each key. If the -k option is given, the old and new keys will be displayed. delold Deletes keys that are not the most recent version from the keytab. This operation should be used some time after a change operation to remove old keys, after existing tickets issued for the service have expired. If the -i flag is given, then k5srvutil will prompt for confirmation for each principal. delete Deletes particular keys in the keytab, interactively prompting for each key. In all cases, the default keytab is used unless this is overridden by the -f option. k5srvutil uses the kadmin(1) program to edit the keytab in place. SEE ALSO
kadmin(1), ktutil(1) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 K5SRVUTIL(1)