Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need to get the desired output Post 302555980 by ctsgnb on Friday 16th of September 2011 08:55:21 AM
Old 09-16-2011
Why don't you just :

Code:
echo -e "
Please review the log file of auto coloclean utility.\n
==========================================================================================
==========================================================================================
\nStarted on/at : ${sdate}\n
\nCompleted on/at : ${edate}\n
Final Space statistics for mount points having space utilization >=95%.
\n${title}
\n\n\n\n\n\n${stat}
\nTo see the contents of the log file either use: zcat <filename> -or- uncompress <filename> and then cat <filename>.)
" | tee -a ${colocleanup_sh_log_file}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in getting the desired output

I wanted to put "|" this sign at starting and at end of every field but its not working with first field like Currently the out put is : abc | abc | abc | xyz | xyz | xyz | But I want the out put in this form: | abc | abc | abc | | xyz | xyz | xyz | plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not giving the desired output

Hi, I have a script in which an entry like this ..... FILENAME_B="PIC_${DATE}0732*.JPG" The script connects to an ATM and pull a pic file from it.The format for the file is like PIC_2008061400000001.JPG in the ATM. Means 1st 8 digit is the date(YYYYMMDD) field 2nd 8 digit means hrs... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get desired output after redirection

hi i am running script which contains the commmnds and i am redirecting the script output to a file. like ./script 1> result.txt 2>&1 the above redirection is not working for commands when run in background in a script. but the problem here result.txt containg output which is repeated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raji
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - output not desired

echo '0x3f 0xfa ae 0xeA' | sed '/0x/ y/abcdef/ABCDEF/' output: 0x3F 0xFA AE 0xEA echo '0x3f 0xfa ae 0xeA' | sed -r '/0x{2}/ y/abcdefg/ABCDEFG/' output: 0x3F 0xFA AE 0xEA my expected output: 0x3F 0xFA ae 0xEA What I want to achieve is change all hexadecimals to UPPER case(only those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevintse
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help to get the output of the list in desired format

Hello Guys, I am working on a script and using the below code to fetch the list of all repositories CHDIR='/mnt/scm/subversion/' repolist() { cd ${CHDIR} Repo=`ls|cut -d " " -f1` echo $Repo } Output of the above code is BSB CIB COB DCI DIB DSB ESB-P ESB-TOOLS FareVerify GCACHE GWY... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the desired output and output to a file?

currently I have process from a raw file to this stage ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_VOID" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_VOID" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_IID") ALTER TABLE "EXCEL_ADMIN"."TC_TXN_AMT" ADD CONSTRAINT "PK_TC_TXN_AMT" PRIMARY KEY ("TC_TXN_AMT_IID") ALTER TABLE... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to obtain the desired output

Hi, I am unable to get beyond the exit function. The shell script is used to look for masked files and copy paste them to another location. Please refer to the code below for more information. Thanks Brinjit #!/usr/bin/ksh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: brinjit
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help!! needed to get the desired output

Am in need of your help to get the desired output. nameSECURITY.SERVICES.CONFIG:GETVALUEisPrefetchedNsAccessLast2013-09-13 10:50:13 MESTsAccessTotal1sRunningcHitLastnamePUBLIC.SERVER:INVOKEisPrefetchedNsAccessLast2013-09-17 15:02:05... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output not coming as desired.

Hi guys. I have a file containing some hosts and their IPs. host host1 192.168.2.10 host host2 192.168.2.11 host host3 192.168.2.12 I am writing a script where I want to print these values in 1 line. My script looks like RUNTIME_NODE=`cat hosts.properties | grep host` for i in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pgrep not showing desired output

I am searching for a process that should be up and running. Im using the following command ps -ef | grep elasticsearch to get elastic+ 1673 1 0 Jan29 ? 05:08:56 /bin/java -Xms4g -Xmx4g -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies
NEATEN(1)						      General Commands Manual							 NEATEN(1)

NAME
neaten - neaten up output columns SYNOPSIS
neaten [ format ] DESCRIPTION
Neaten reads from its standard input and neatens up columns separated by white space using the specified format. The format is a string consisting of a positive integer followed by an alignment character and another integer. The alignment character is usually a decimal point ('.'), but it can be any non-digit. The alignment character is used as the central point of each column. The total column field width will be the number to the left of the alignment character plus one for the alignment character itself plus the number to the right of the alignment character. If a field does not contain the alignment character, it will be printed to the left of where the alignment character would have appeared. If a field is too long to print within the specified format, the entire field will be printed and that row will not be aligned with the rest. The default format is "8.8". EXAMPLE
To examine a file with columns of numbers: neaten 10.8 < input | more BUGS
Columns wider than the total width of the format specification will be printed without any separating white space. The program does not do anything special with tabs on the input. AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
cnt(1), rcalc(1), rlam(1), total(1) RADIANCE
11/15/93 NEATEN(1)